Espi

Rookie
Rookie
There is a girl at work with whom I have exchanged smiles and greetings. I had lunch with her today and we had arranged for me to take her to her home at 5 pm so she wouldn't have to walk and take a bus.

There had been a glitch in my system and I was told I could leave early by the supervisors. I was told I could stay if I had something to do. The girl could not make an appointment today after work because she had to take care of her grandmother who recently had surgery.

I had the choice of leaving at 1 or staying and waiting for her until 5. I opted to leave early so as not to show too much interest. But then I worried that I had missed the opportunity to drive her home and talk to her for a while longer. Maybe I should have come back for her at 5. However, I didn't think of where to go to spend my time, but went home because my siblings and parents were there and I had stuff to do at home.

Even so, I felt a little guilty for disappointing the girl, although before leaving the job site I gave her a kiss on the cheek after explaining the situation and telling her I would see her later. She seemed okay with it.

Later I sent her some messages that read "[8/20, 12:13 PM] SP: Hola (her name) :) (this one was sent during lunch when she gave me her number)
[8/20, 1:41 PM] SP: I had to leave early because that's what we had to do.
[8/20, 1:42 PM] SP: But if you like I'll come and pick you up and help you take care of your grandmother for a while :)
[8/20, 5:25 PM] SP: I guess you didn't see my message, but next Sunday I promise to drive you home if you want".

She hasn't answered, which could be for many reasons, including that she may be feeling a little compromised, she may be shy, or she's just sad that I didn't make an extra effort to see her, even though it's a fairly early situation, since we've known each other very little (a few weeks of seeing each other around the site, since she's almost new, and even less of interacting).

The truth is that this girl has been very nice to me, except for not replying to these texts, she has shown a recognizable amount of interest. I will see her at work tomorrow and will be able to check the status of this interaction.
Please share some experience and strength if you feel like.

Last edited:

Lover

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
IYou did the right thing by respecting your own time. Girls are generally used to guys sucking up to them and doing a lot of things for them even though the girls didn't earn it yet. She's just a coworker, and you wanted to see your family and do your own thing. And you should! She's not family nor a priority - not right now, anyway. Nothing is wrong with what you did now that you had the opportunity. Girls like a man that respects his own time, and you did just that. Nothing to feel guilty about. Kudos!

Later I sent her some messages that read "[8/20, 12:13 PM] SP: Hola (her name) :) (this one was sent during lunch when she gave me her number)
[8/20, 1:41 PM] SP: I had to leave early because that's what we had to do.
[8/20, 1:42 PM] SP: But if you like I'll come and pick you up and help you take care of your grandmother for a while :)
[8/20, 5:25 PM] SP: I guess you didn't see my message, but next Sunday I promise to drive you home if you want".
On this forum, it is advocated to move with girls as fast as possible in order to get to bed with her. Your last two texts were unnecessary in this case and may have removed the possibility of getting together. It's too much investment from your end to come back to work to drive her home on the same day. And you don't have to be so reliable and promise to drive her home on Sunday. it's stuff like this that gets guys slotted in the friendzone or boyfriend-zone when they do it loooong before the girl is investing in you as well. Like I said, she is not supposed to be a priority right now

Instead, you could tell her you have to take a raincheck, and leave things open and light instead. That way, you can create a little air of mystery around you if she is attracted to you. Eventually when timing is better and you find yourselves on a high note, you suggest a date idea and figure out her schedule afterwards.

However, this is all happening in your workplace, and it's a low odds environment. "Don't shit where you eat". Her and your reputation are at stake if word gets out. And people love drama about coworkers dating or sleeping together, even if it's just rumors. Generally, odds are higher if one of you is leaving/has left the workplace, and you don't have much of a professional relationship with each other.

I'm pretty sure this girl is a lost opportunity, and you would be better off meeting other girls instead

>