What's new

Approaching girls with their dads

Conquistador

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
So, last Saturday I was ambling around a university campus (one that’s still on summer break) chatting with my bro/sometime wing Swiffer and we noticed a tall and mildly pretty incoming freshman touring the nearly-empty place with her dad. We crossed paths a few times actually, but for situational reasons I didn’t go for an approach.

This reminded me that I don’t fully grasp how to handle approaching girls who are with their dads. Obviously if you look like a decent sort a dad will be more friendly than a mom, but is there anything specific I should keep in mind?

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
So, last Saturday I was ambling around a university campus (one that’s still on summer break) chatting with my bro/sometime wing Swiffer and we noticed a tall and mildly pretty incoming freshman touring the nearly-empty place with her dad. We crossed paths a few times actually, but for situational reasons I didn’t go for an approach.

This reminded me that I don’t fully grasp how to handle approaching girls who are with their dads. Obviously if you look like a decent sort a dad will be more friendly than a mom, but is there anything specific I should keep in mind?

Can't really give any advice as I've never done that lol

Not sure I agree with the idea that dads are going to be more friendly than mums though .. I know if I had a daughter I'd be pretty protective of her, not to mention enjoying the opportunity to have a bit of fun with a dude who decided to walk up and shoot his shot while I'm there.

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
somebody wrote something that sounded really solid on here, but basically it was shake the dad's hand. I guess for a mom you just say hello, I can't remember what he wrote.