What's new

Ashamed to look at old texts?

Brentwoodbam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey guys, been lurking on the boards and studying the blogs for a while now, thought i'd finally drop some posts.

I was just curious if anyone else ever looks back at their old texts (Pre-Chase) and just cringe at the failures. I was chasing this girl I work with for a while, took her out to a first date movie (worst possible place for first date), was chasing her 100% and got the exact results chase promised from it. After reading a bunch of blogs and talking to some experienced players and smooth guys at work, I applied the "cold-shoulder" after her flaking a couple of times and got a lot of investment out of her, and the results have only continuted to increase.

So, does anyone ever think back to past pickup attempts and realize she had true interest and you managed to talk your way out of her?

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hi Brent,

Brentwoodbam said:
So, does anyone ever think back to past pickup attempts and realize she had true interest and you managed to talk your way out of her?

Most of the girls have genuine true interest, if not, most of them won't respond to you. Or another, you were too friendly, and they see you as someone they can have as just that, a friend.

I did managed to talk my way out of her, but i would not elaborate it so much, because the game is mostly over by then. I am working harder for the girl, which is why we are here learning. :) Delete your old text, man.

Zac

Light

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Brentwoodbam said:
Hey guys, been lurking on the boards and studying the blogs for a while now, thought i'd finally drop some posts.

I was just curious if anyone else ever looks back at their old texts (Pre-Chase) and just cringe at the failures. I was chasing this girl I work with for a while, took her out to a first date movie (worst possible place for first date), was chasing her 100% and got the exact results chase promised from it. After reading a bunch of blogs and talking to some experienced players and smooth guys at work, I applied the "cold-shoulder" after her flaking a couple of times and got a lot of investment out of her, and the results have only continuted to increase.

I keep all my old texts, and I go back to them to learn where I went wrong, or to learn what did I do right.

Jay

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Brentwood,

Yes I have done this before haha. I fucked up big time with a girl I really liked in high school by sending her two separate and ridiculous sets of drunk texts that I decided to keep to remind myself to never fucking pull that shit again. On the other hand, I also like to keep text conversations that I pulled off flawlessly to remind myself of what works.

Jay

Garrett

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Brentwoodbam said:

Hey Brentwoodbam, good to see you on the forum!

Man, great post. I think a lot of guys can relate to this. I've actually posted about going back to the girls you screwed up with in the past. It can work but it's typically more work/effort and you should only do it if you really want her. So many times I would kick myself after going back to all those 200 text-long conversations that resulted to nothing. Sometimes it worked, but not very often. If it weren't for Chase, I don't know where I'd be today. I've had some success in the past, but it was mainly because I was training myself to be a high value guy. At the same time, my percentage of ending up with the girl was around 10%, these days it's a whole different ballgame. With Chase's stuff, if you just do what he says you can get a lot of girls interested/invested in you. You just have to execute and apply everything enough times where it seems natural and effortless. The more you practice, the better you get! Overall though, man it's frustrating going back, but you feel great at the same time knowing that you have such a dangerous weapon at your disposal that can be used at any time!

Cheers,
Garrett

PinotNoir

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Definitely me. Most of my old texts had way too much talking back and forth before any dating. And guess what? The dates went bad. Chase opened my eyes to it. Even if she's responding well (fast) with tons of smiling and giggling, it's instant death. If you live by the text, you die by the text. Old habits are hard to break, so I'll still sometimes do "rapport" in text and kick myself afterwards. Texting a lot (when just met someone) doesn't work, and I am a testament to that.

Garrett

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
PinotNoir said:
Definitely me. Most of my old texts had way too much talking back and forth before any dating. And guess what? The dates went bad. Chase opened my eyes to it. Even if she's responding well (fast) with tons of smiling and giggling, it's instant death. If you live by the text, you die by the text. Old habits are hard to break, so I'll still sometimes do "rapport" in text and kick myself afterwards. Texting a lot (when just met someone) doesn't work, and I am a testament to that.

Hey PinotNoir!

Honestly, this is my view on what you were saying. I think that texting a lot can work, but it depends on the girl and her situation. If she's not that attractive and you're the best prospect and you aren't overdoing anything, then yeah, this can work. Do I do this now? NO. Have I done it in the past before GC? Every damn time. Do I recommend guys do this? NEVER. Just saying that it can work if you are good at texting, and it helps if the girl really likes you. The thing is, it's a waste of time, often counterproductive, not result-effective, normally an attraction killer because there's more room to screw up somewhere, and who knows when another guy will come by and move things faster. For more attractive girls, or girls who get hit on a lot, this is pretty much the kiss of death. Attractive girls have a lot of options, thus will categorize you as friend, provider, and lover within a short time frame. If you are social circle, you can get away with a bit more, but it's easier to move things forward when you are cold approaching and escalating quick so you don't have to deal with the potential of more objections, which are a pain/work to diffuse sometimes.

Also, in your situation, I get it. When I first found GC, I was getting better results faster, but I was still texting a lot, albeit not as much. For example, I went to this girl's dorm and escalated then I did the stupidest thing and started asking her if she liked what I did, then went into a long text convo, which killed off her attraction. Added to the fact, that I didn't sleep with her, so this didn't help my chances either.

the right date makes getting her back home a piece of cake

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Light said:
Brentwoodbam said:

I keep all my old texts, and I go back to them to learn where I went wrong, or to learn what did I do right.

Agreed, we all had to start from somewhere besides we didn't know any better. You only have a reason to be ashamed if you keep doing the same stupid stuff over and over again. ;)

Brentwoodbam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Good stuff guys. Yea, there is no shame, just that "damn, she would have been an easy lay with a few tweaks", damn that feeling XD......But yes, I am 100% optimistic and confident in the future with my new and improved repetiore(sp?) and overall disposition (posture, smoothness in the making) etc

thedude

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it -George Santayana