What's new

Being called on for approaching

Sam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
There is a Greek proverb saying (I am translating):
"What can be brought within a moment might not be brought in a year's time"

In a nutshell, the proverb stresses the significance of the moment in disclosing the potential fragility of our efforts to achieve things. One good moment might skyrocket our efforts, but one bad moment can bring everything we built down. Last night, I reached a point of low psychological energy. I ran out of fuel in the face of a rather minor challenge. What happened?

I live in a city of 1 million people and for more than a year my efforts with women were concentrated on going out at night to 2-3 night clubs once or twice a week. I talk to 5 to 15 women depending on the night. Consequently, it is only natural to meet the same people from time to time. As I walked on the street to move to another venue, I suddenly saw a beautiful woman walking together with a company of men and women. I immediately stop in front of her and say: "your hair is beautiful". She thanks me. "Are you single?" A guy from the company pops up: "No, pal she is not" and immediately another girl from her company: "Hey pal, you hit on me too the other day!".

That was it. In the face of this challenge I failed to deal with it. It hit me. It affected me negatively. I muttered something and just walked away with my friend to continue our night. But it felt really bad. She managed to impose her "guilt frame" on me. I felt guilty for.....approaching women! So, instead of replying something cool like: "Lucky girl!" or "If you still remember I hit on you, then I must have been really good at it..", I just froze...

Can you, gentlemen, relate with this feeling? Feel free to share similar moments of "running out of fuel".

aliparpar

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I don't think you should've take it personally. She was CERTAINLY playing along with her other friends. When she saw that guy answered you like this, wanted to earn some respect or attention or whatever and since she recognised you, she did what she did. Well, she was also in auto-reject mode although she knew you may have boosted her confidence in the last approach the other day.

tl;dr: Keep approaching woman. There are certainly some failures and some successes. Don't let these failures be an obstacle for your success and learn from them. Next time make sure you analyse the situation first before approaching. ;)

a good date brings a smile to your lips... and hers