What's new

Chase, where is Ricardus?

Warped Mindless

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Chase, as much as I love reading your articles, I am also a big fan of Ricardus and his articles. He hasn't posted anything on the blog in a while and I've yet to see him on the forum. Is he simply taking a break for the holidays and recharging his batteries or has he departed Girls Chase?

Thanks,
Jeff.

Eric

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Warped Mindless said:
Chase, as much as I love reading your articles, I am also a big fan of Ricardus and his articles. He hasn't posted anything on the blog in a while and I've yet to see him on the forum. Is he simply taking a break for the holidays and recharging his batteries or has he departed Girls Chase?

Thanks,
Jeff.

He seems to check the boards. I miss his posts too, and no offense to chase but I'm a fanboy of Ricardus. <3

a good date brings a smile to your lips... and hers

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Hey fellas,

Ricardus took some time off and is working day and night on launching a language-learning product for the foreign language market right now. He's taking his first stab at running his own business, launching next month.

We haven't made an announcement yet because we aren't sure yet if he'll be back or not. It looks promising, but we don't want to say anything for certain until we can give you a for-certain response. I've told him as a business owner I'd be thrilled to have him keep writing... but as his friend I hope his launch is a great success and he can hang up his writing spurs for good.

So, at this point, it's wait-and-see. We'll do a formal announcement, probably in December or January, if he's off (or else, you'll just see a regular resumption of his posts if he isn't!) - for now, all I can say is, wish him luck, and I'll keep you in the loop!

Chase

Warped Mindless

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Oh cool, I wish him well. Thanks for the speedy reply.

If he doesn't come back will you be hiring someone to take his place?

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Hey Warped,

Warped Mindless said:
If he doesn't come back will you be hiring someone to take his place?

If he doesn't, yes, I'll bring someone else on. I have a few guys in mind and I'm checking out others in the event Ric doesn't come back. The business isn't big enough to sustain more talent yet though, so I don't want to go bringing anyone on if there's a chance Ricardus might be back, and no big rush just yet since I seem to have been able to keep my posting schedule up of late. But, I won't be keeping it as a one-man show, in any event!

Chase

Warped Mindless

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
At the rate you post stuff, ever wonder if your going to run out of things to post about?

and BTW, I love the recent articles.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
WM,

Warped Mindless said:
At the rate you post stuff, ever wonder if your going to run out of things to post about?

and BTW, I love the recent articles.

Thanks, glad to know you like them :)

When I made my first-ever blog post, I thought to myself, "I'm probably going to be out of ideas after four or five of these things."

And every time I find a great topic, I think, "Okay, that's it... that's probably the last great topic. Everything else is going to be review or rehashing old stuff from here on out." But then I keep finding fresh topics and fresh angles to come at things.

What happens is that the more you post - provided you keep interacting with people in comments, on forums, etc. - the more you find more and more things you can talk about, that people have questions on, or are little side branches to that thing you talked about earlier.

There's SO much in seduction I haven't touched on yet... I think I'm fine on material for a while!

Chase