What's new

FR  ChicChick

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
This one is gonna be hard to follow through on, but wish me luck ;)

I'm heading down a side-street when I see a girl paying at a parking meter on the other side of the road. She has a great figure but I can't see much else just yet. Unfortunately I'm already almost opposite her... the approach angle is going to be tricky without making it look contrived. I actually back up a few steps while the meter obscures her view, then cross and start figuring out how to open. On her side of the street now, I get closer and she looks up at me and meets my gaze briefly.

I keep walking and as I pass I contemplate turning back and delivering my "I just had to come back and say hello" opener. On the other hand, she looked at me hard, so maybe I should go with Zphix's "If you're gonna look at me like that" opener. I look back over my shoulder and see she has carry-on baggage; maybe Chase's "Going somewhere exciting?" opener would be better. Oh boy. Decisions! I look up from her baggage and she's looking at me again!

Then she makes it easy on me.

• ChicChick: I like your coat!
I'm speechless. I have just been opened!

Not opened a girl. Not gotten an approach invitation. A girl has opened me. And... direct?! For a woman, that's about as direct as it gets. I slow, stop, turn slightly back and close the distance, but still keep my body language averted while my eyes steadily bore into her.

• Marty: Oh! ... Well ... (I pause, let my eyes rest for a moment on her ass, then return my gaze to her face) ... I like all of you. (She lights up.)
It's true. Her figure is as slender as it gets. She's maybe 22, fresh out of college probably, curly chestnut hair, slightly freckled face, very pale blue eyes. Perhaps 5'6". And stunning. And all I can say about her clothing is that it's immaculate. Light gray pants highlighting that delicious, tiny ass, pale blue camisole to match her eyes and a cream fitted jacket that picks up her wasp-waist and throws it right at you. We'll call her ChicChick. Couldn't resist ;)

• Marty: What's your name?

ChicChick: I'm ChicChick! (She holds out her hand.)

Marty: (taking it) I'm Marty. (I stare at her.)

ChicChick: Do you work in the area?
Okay. She's doing some of the work for me again. WTF?

• Marty: Yes, I was just taking a break between meetings. And what do you do?

ChicChick: I'm just headed to a meeting too. I'm in the clothing business.

Marty: Ah. I can see that. (I visually review her body for the third time in the space of a minute.)

ChicChick: Well, do you have a business card?
Now what? She's moving the interaction forward, just like we're supposed to. I'm momentarily flabbergasted. I don't want to fall into the trap of giving her my contact information, then waiting forever for her to reach out...

• Marty: Not on me I'm afraid... What are you doing right now?

ChicChick: I have to run to this meeting, in fact someone's calling me now. (Produces her cellphone; a number is indeed showing up, though she makes no effort to answer.)

Marty: Okay, why don't you just give me your cell phone number? We can have coffee or something.

ChicChick: Here's my card. (Produces it from her purse.) The cell phone number's right here.

Marty: Great, so what's your schedule typically like?
Thank God I have regained the initiative in the interaction. Sorry, not regained, gained. I never had it yet!

• ChicChick: During the day? Busy busy... meetings back-to-back.

Marty: (looking at her very steady) And during the evening?

ChicChick: Well I have a boyfriend. (She continues to stare back at me, with an odd look... maybe anxiety on her face? Oh, those pale blue eyes! What is she doing?)

Marty: (breaking eye contact off to the side, then look back at her intently) I didn't say I necessarily wanted to date you!

ChicChick: Oh! Well, some evening's I'm free. Some I'm not. (What?? She's blabbing!)

Marty: Great, well... (pause) I'll text you rather than calling you then. That all right?

ChicChick: Sure!
We part in the usual manner... I wonder if I should have cheek-kissed her. The "boyfriend" frame threw me for a loop.

If she really has one, I'm not optimistic about the chances of pulling this off... on-the-spot escalation would've been the only choice. If it was just a ploy to offset her earlier breathlessness, on the other hand... I hope I rewarded her adequately. I sent a brief icebreaker within 10 minutes to solidify the mood.

Thoughts?

Ryan

Space Monkey
space monkey
ChicChick: I like your coat!
Marty: Oh! ... Well ... (I pause, let my eyes rest for a moment on her ass, then return my gaze to her face) ... I like all of you. (She lights up.)

Love this!

The rest of the conversation went okay i suppose. You passed her test well (saying that you didn't want to date her), but i reckon a better answer would have been 'oh, that's okay. I don't want a relationship with you' [wink, wink]. Because you do want to have a date with her! That's what you were proposing at the end of the interaction, no?

I wonder if I should have cheek-kissed her.

No! Don't ever do this on a first interaction! (or ever)

Lastly, i think it'll be good if you arranged the exact date, location and time of your next date before you switched numbers. Chase says this leads to more girls replying to your texts and a date actually happening. But the fact that she approached you (which is incredible in my point of view-never happened to me) means that you have a lot of leeway anyway. I expect your next encounter with her to be a lay report ;)

Good luck Marty, looking forward to hearing what happens. She sounds very pretty.

Ryan

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Ryan, thanks for coming back.
Ryan said:
i reckon a better answer would have been 'oh, that's okay. I don't want a relationship with you' [wink, wink].
The best of all is NarrowJ's line "That's cool, I'm not looking for a girlfriend right now as such" but I came up with the best I could in the heat of the moment. Agree it was suboptimal.
Ryan said:
No! Don't ever do this on a first interaction! (or ever)
Why? Ryan, what are you talking about? Chase loves this (and I do too).
Ryan said:
But the fact that she approached you (which is incredible in my point of view-never happened to me) means that you have a lot of leeway anyway. I expect your next encounter with her to be a lay report ;)
I appreciate your confidence in me, but I doubt it! Right now I have no fewer than three sticking points which are preventing me converting dates to lays... that's if I get a date at all out of this, which I'm skeptical about. But it was fun! :)

-Marty

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take

Ryan

Space Monkey
space monkey
That's odd. I thought i read from somewhere that Chase disliked cheek kisses and told us to avoid kissing until sex, as it releases sexual tension (apart from his 'surprise' kisses). My bad