What's new

Escalating during a date

HHjj

Space Monkey
space monkey
What should an ideal date look like? I ve been on a few dates and its kinda hard to escalate. I usually talk things mentioned in

"20 Things to Talk About on Dates With Girls", but there are too many awkward pauses and inconsistencies. I had only one date where i was really funny and things went well. It feels like me being intersting or funny is not in my hands, but something really spontaneous. I try touching at the right moments, but its hard when its "walk in the park date" or a coffee shop where we are seated a little far. If the girl is not so hot and she is interested in my looks somehow, then it goes to the next date, but this is not the case most of the times. Any clues on how to fill the awkward pauses even if the girl is not talkative but responds only for what i ask and asks way less about me and how to make her talk more?

P.S: Also, How to keep up the mystery after talking for a few hours/days, it feels like there is no more story to tell and the girl doesnt start talking where i could be just a good listener?

Last edited:
you miss 100% of the shots you don't take

Gaturro

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
If there’s no more story to tell you should live more stuff or study more canned material lol

If you ask a few questions and then connect topics naturally you will notice you have more stuff to say, anyway you should focus on listening more than talking, lead her to talk about what you want. There are some topics and articles about this

About escalating, you should touch from the beginning, when you say hello (in Latin America we say hello kissing our cheeks), grab her hand/lower back when you cross the street, when you make a comment just touch naturally, there are also topics and articles about this (you have the tools to search)

Also try to seat next to her so you aren’t so far away.. I was sitting in front of a date while we had dinner, after that we ordered a few drinks and I just got up and sat next to her, if you do it with confidence and keep talking she will not care..

If you see she’s comfortable with the touching, what I usually do is when we leave the venue and we’re walking, I wait until we pass by a good place with not so many people, I grab her arm or hand to stop her then grab her neck and kiss her for 1-2 seconds and then stop the kiss before she does.. i usually make it feel natural because i connect the kiss with the conversation, for example she says “yeah that’s great” and i say “you know what would be great” and i stop her and kiss her (it’s just an example i don’t remember what i say quite well)

from there you can say you have drinks at your place (or any other excuse to go to the closing location), then at your place find another excuse to go to your bed (let’s watch some netflix for example). then just extend your arm and grab her so you’re like cuddling, and after a while when you get bored of the movie you seal the deal (ideally do it in the first 10 minutes so she doesn’t get hooked with the movie lol)

Just a Man

Space Monkey
space monkey
I favour a coffee date for Date 1. Nicely low pressure. But experience has taught me to initiate a sexual frame before the first cup of coffee is finished. There may be no second cup.

Be confident that she's expecting you to make a move. She'll be let down if you don't and then the chances of ever getting a Date 2 are vanishingly small.

Sitting next to her is better than sitting across, unless perhaps it's a very small table.