What's new

Books & Articles  Excerpt from Chase's article still true after 10 years

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
It's from this article about assymetric returns .

Why Pickup Probably Won’t Stop Working

Every now and again, you’ll run across guys on pickup forums talking about “the end of pickup.” What they’re afraid of is that other men are going to discover the world of picking up and seducing women, and that the more men adopt it and dabble in it, the less effective its methods will be, as the sexual arms race between men and women continues, and women become inured to the tools and techniques of seduction.

Yet, we’re at a point now where pretty much everyone in the West is at least familiar with the school of modern seduction. Ask any of your friends what he thinks of “those pickup artists”, and he’ll have an opinion – and probably not a very good one. Just as Nassim Taleb discusses ordinary traders’ disdain for and dismissal of his black swan ways, ordinary men often have great disdain for those men who know what they’re doing with women.

The fact is, most people can’t stomach taking one small loss after another to get a BIG gain. They’d much rather stick to one small win after another, and tell themselves that each small win is edging them closer to an even LARGER win down the road

In the whatsapp groups I am in ...I have seen similar posts or screenshots which hints towards discouraging people to cold approach .

Things like Screenshots of Reddit posts of females complaining about getting approached , some guy getting banned/beaten in malls , or even getting "arrested" for a few hours .

And you won't believe that when I talked to such a guy who was posting such screenshot of reddit posts , he actually wanted to discourage folks in his own words .

And after talking to a wing about this , This article came to my mind .

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Socially uncalibrated guys get themselves banned from venues. Socially calibrated guys get people to like them so they are less likely to be banned or even peer pressured by others not to be banned.

he actually wanted to discourage folks in his own words
They want to eliminate the competition what else is new. It is easy to circumvent types like this as they tend to have no power but are just observers. Sometimes some of them do get a bit bold but it is easy to call them out in return because usually when they do that they are reaching and meddling with what is clearly not their business.

AspiringStoic

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
It's from this article about assymetric returns .

In the whatsapp groups I am in ...I have seen similar posts or screenshots which hints towards discouraging people to cold approach .

Things like Screenshots of Reddit posts of females complaining about getting approached , some guy getting banned/beaten in malls , or even getting "arrested" for a few hours .

And you won't believe that when I talked to such a guy who was posting such screenshot of reddit posts , he actually wanted to discourage folks in his own words .

And after talking to a wing about this , This article came to my mind

And do you know who discourages people from doing pickup the most?

The guys who have tried it, could not handle the emotions and then quit.

They will hit back at pickup with a vengance because it gives them bad feels and they have to villainize pickup so they can justify why they no longer do it.

So they are always on the lookout for those one off incidences where some guy does something very uncalibrated and gets in trouble.

I have been doing mall approaches and just did 3 today as well. You realize when done right, nobody even notices. They think its just two people who know each other or something.

TwoNameGame

Space Monkey
space monkey
It's weird because 3 of my friends who are great with women look down on pickup for different, weird reasons.

Friend 1 is convinced that success in cold approaches depends solely on looks, but is also convinced that women like men for their personalities and that talking to women is the only true way to get them. He also says that getting a number in 1 day is impossible in his experience, but he seems to not understand escalation or frames.

2 is somehow too shy to approach women and relies on women approaching him for flings. It's worked out marvelously for him (in college, he had a different girl each time we saw him in addition to an on-off girlfriend he thinks he considers complementary and LTR material, but not particularly exciting.

3 met his dream girl online in a few days. He says cold approaches cannot work, yet he has faith in me because he thinks that I wouldn't try if it didn't work.

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Socially uncalibrated guys get themselves banned from venues. Socially calibrated guys get people to like them so they are less likely to be banned or even peer pressured by others not to be banned.
True.
The guys who have tried it, could not handle the emotions and then quit
Also , those who still game but somehow have a negative perspective towards life . Have known a guy like (10+ years into the game ) but still thinks that game is bad for mental health etc.

So they are always on the lookout for those one off incidences where some guy does something very uncalibrated and gets in trouble.
So True . For them it's an affirmation for their worldview.

And you know the funny thing , it's possible that some incidents happened within a span of a few months (at specific areas which attract a ton of puas ) . But , in the last 3 weeks , my wing got 15 ish contacts and insta handles , 2-3 instadates, 1 same day lay in under 50 approaches . So, it's all about where you put your focus in .

@TwoNameGame , Surprisingly I have seen the same with guys who are naturals or who get women via social circle . For them , Game is a scam and ton of hardwork . lol.

the right date makes getting her back home a piece of cake