What's new

Finding difficulty in approaching on campus as a graduate/non student.

SometimesThinking

Rookie
Rookie
I joined the forums a couple months ago and started practicing doing approaches in public in order to try tackle my approach anxiety, which was going okay but I had to take my focus away from practicing seduction during the last month due to other things in life. I practiced some direct approaches in the busy districts of my city which had mediocre results, but started to help me be more confident in approaching.

I'm currently a graduate and I live pretty close to a university where I have attended lectures as a guest. Clearly there are many beautiful people there, but it seems that everyone has their established friend groups. I find that I often walk past someone after classes finish that I'd like to say hi to, but I freeze up and end up not saying anything because I can't think of a good situational/indirect opener and personally I feel like going direct on a university campus isn't ideal and could lead to negative consequences/awkward situations. I'd appreciate tailored advice on how to approach girls on campus, more specifically on what to say as an opener to girls who are with a friend (2-sets) and also on how to open to a girl who is walking on campus just after a class finishes.

a good date brings a smile to your lips... and hers

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Not sure on the 2-sets as I don't have a ton of experience, but after class just walk up to a girl look over and ask how she likes the class + an observation/funny joke about it

You're in a low risk conversation (you'll have to transition sooner rather than later though)
--> if you're newer or unsure you can just use Chase's indirect direct
www.girlschase.com/content/easy-opening-indirect-direct

On my phone so I hope that link copied correctly (if I messed up just Google search *girlschase indirect direct*) It's a good article that I was planning on re-reading later actually! The overall premise is you go in completely indirect and then quickly admit you just wanted an excuse to talk to her cuz she's cute

I can't remember exactly how Chase recommends it though, which is why I need to re-read it myself

One question that I think you'll feel like you'll run into a lot, which I have at times is the "do you go here" question. If you're dropping into lectures use that as a springboard to talking about something you're passionate about. Then turn it around on her to talk about her passions

Honestly, depending on how warm her reaction to you is or not, you can get away with starting with this early on. Like if you get a big warm smile on your open, mention it to her and then say that it reminds you of why you like dropping in on classes because you're passionate about blank and briefly talk about it then turn it around on her

My experience with this question:

I would just say that I used to and was dropping in to talk to one of my favorite professors. Then I'd talk about passions and etc. Seemed to go over well enough
--> I have also used the visiting a friend but they had to go to class. Didn't land as well as I had hoped it would so I wouldn't recommend it

Edit: also try to make an observation as your opener. Walk up and if she looks tired just say "seems like today's class really got your blood pumping" as a small tease. Or seems like I wasn't the only one bored out of my mind today. Or I'm glad I'm not the only one who was falling asleep, thanks

Same thing if she looks happy, just make an observation about it, relate it to both the class and yourself and then introduce yourself. Just like that you're in a conversation

Oh! And don't forget to smile on your opener! Sometimes the nerves can get to us and we overfocus on what we say rather than how we say it

Last edited:

SometimesThinking

Rookie
Rookie
Not sure on the 2-sets as I don't have a ton of experience, but after class just walk up to a girl look over and ask how she likes the class + an observation/funny joke about it

You're in a low risk conversation (you'll have to transition sooner rather than later though)
--> if you're newer or unsure you can just use Chase's indirect direct
www.girlschase.com/content/easy-opening-indirect-direct

On my phone so I hope that link copied correctly (if I messed up just Google search *girlschase indirect direct*) It's a good article that I was planning on re-reading later actually! The overall premise is you go in completely indirect and then quickly admit you just wanted an excuse to talk to her cuz she's cute

I can't remember exactly how Chase recommends it though, which is why I need to re-read it myself

One question that I think you'll feel like you'll run into a lot, which I have at times is the "do you go here" question. If you're dropping into lectures use that as a springboard to talking about something you're passionate about. Then turn it around on her to talk about her passions

Honestly, depending on how warm her reaction to you is or not, you can get away with starting with this early on. Like if you get a big warm smile on your open, mention it to her and then say that it reminds you of why you like dropping in on classes because you're passionate about blank and briefly talk about it then turn it around on her

My experience with this question:

I would just say that I used to and was dropping in to talk to one of my favorite professors. Then I'd talk about passions and etc. Seemed to go over well enough
--> I have also used the visiting a friend but they had to go to class. Didn't land as well as I had hoped it would so I wouldn't recommend it

Edit: also try to make an observation as your opener. Walk up and if she looks tired just say "seems like today's class really got your blood pumping" as a small tease. Or seems like I wasn't the only one bored out of my mind today. Or I'm glad I'm not the only one who was falling asleep, thanks

Same thing if she looks happy, just make an observation about it, relate it to both the class and yourself and then introduce yourself. Just like that you're in a conversation

Oh! And don't forget to smile on your opener! Sometimes the nerves can get to us and we overfocus on what we say rather than how we say it
Thanks! I'll definitely try give the things you suggest a try with people that are in the guest lectures that I attend and it should be a good start to helping me to approach post lecture.

During the time when everyone is outside walking to their next destination on campus is the situation where I find approaching the hardest, mostly because there are so many people and I feel worried about it being awkward to approach at that time, and especially as we have no initial similarity (Not having attended the same lecture) so I'd really appreciate advice opening in that situation too if you have any.

Last edited:

Destiny

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
During the time when everyone is outside walking to their next destination on campus is the situation where I find approaching the hardest, mostly because there are so many people and I feel worried about it being awkward to approach at that time, and especially as we have no initial similarity (Not having attended the same lecture) so I'd really appreciate advice opening in that situation too if you have any.
They're not paying attention anyways, most of my opens are between classes.

Just go "hey" with a smile like you know them and stop moving, even the ones that are paying attention wouldn't know it was a cold approach.

It's sort of easier if you actually go to the uni cause you have things in common to talk about, events and etc. building similarity without that is dependent on the girl, just means you need to shift more focus onto her.

To add on, at least over here, most of the times the feeling like they have their own groups is just an illusion, they're hi/bye friends most of the times and even when they're not they're probably still not as close as you think.

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Thanks! I'll definitely try give the things you suggest a try with people that are in the guest lectures that I attend and it should be a good start to helping me to approach post lecture.

Like Destiny said you can just say hi

Or you can make an observation about her just the same as I mentioned "seems like you got out of a great/boring/intense/whatever class"

SometimesThinking

Rookie
Rookie
Like Destiny said you can just say hi

Or you can make an observation about her just the same as I mentioned "seems like you got out of a great/boring/intense/whatever class"
Thanks, I'll be giving the situational openers a try. They feel a lot more "natural" and can lead to a conversation. If I just end up saying hi then I'll probably be unsure on what to say next to transition the conversation

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Thanks, I'll be giving the situational openers a try. They feel a lot more "natural" and can lead to a conversation. If I just end up saying hi then I'll probably be unsure on what to say next to transition the conversation
Indirect direct article I linked above has you covered! Just be honest if nothing else comes to mind

There are better ways to go about it, sure. But something is better than nothing

OldGuy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Two-fer: say Hello and general comments about weather, etc. Only problem is you do not know which one you will catch, and at your experience level, it does not matter!

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@West_Indian_Archie and others,

Was this guy Tay any good?

If he was, and anyone has his contact info, tell him to drop me an email at hiring@girlschase.com.

I'd love to get some guys doing solid in-fields on GirlsChase.tv.

(if he was literally just "stalking around" and not running solid game though... well in that case let's skip :D )

West_Indian_Archie

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
@West_Indian_Archie and others,

Was this guy Tay any good?

If he was, and anyone has his contact info, tell him to drop me an email at hiring@girlschase.com.

I'd love to get some guys doing solid in-fields on GirlsChase.tv.

(if he was literally just "stalking around" and not running solid game though... well in that case let's skip :D )

He has other infields up

I think what he shows is that a robotic style can work just fine for day game.

The problem for me, is that a lot of these girls are in that "pushover" category
  • Young/College Aged/often students
  • Often tourists
  • Naive to Offline Approaches
These types of girls, in my experience, respond more to a guy's leadership and being told what to do, versus "buying in".

If Tay was more of a peer to this girl, he's getting an entirely different chick in the same body.