What's new

How often do you guys take a complete break from game?

Atlas IV

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Just wondering this, as recently I've been feeling a bit burned out with cold approach, and it's not the first time this has happened with me. Curious to know how you guys manage balancing your mental health with game so that it's sustainable over the long term.

From my experience, I'd say my limit is about 3 weeks of full time (2+ hours a day) cold approaching, after that I need AT LEAST a week's break. Any more than that and I start to notice a few things happening:
- Boredom/feelings of repetitiveness
- More negative/jaded thinking - (wow another flake, big surprise) rather than optimism (oh well, better try again!)
- Less desire to chase up old leads
- Increasing tendency to call up a girl in rotation (comfortable and easy) rather than go out and seek new ones (challenging and uncertain)

What's been your experience? And what do you do to take your mind off game?

Last edited:

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Just wondering this, as recently I've been feeling a bit burned out with cold approach, and it's not the first time this has happened with me. Curious to know how you guys manage balancing your mental health with game so that it's sustainable over the long term.

From my experience, I'd say my limit is about 3 weeks of full time (2+ hours a day) cold approaching, after that I need AT LEAST a week's break. Any more than that and I start to notice a few things happening:
- More negative/jaded thinking - (wow another flake, big surprise) rather than optimism (oh well, better try again!)
- Increasing tendency to call up a girl in rotation (comfortable and easy) rather than go out and seek new ones (challenging and uncertain)

Well , I have taken small breaks from game whenever I would be having consistent sticking points and I would introspect during those breaks.

And when I would re start game , I was able to push past those sticking points .

So , that's why I was able to not get burned out by game .

But , currently I am on a longer break from game ( since mid-March ) due to career reasons .

Thread 'What to do when taking a break from seduction' https://www.skilledseducer.com/threads/what-to-do-when-taking-a-break-from-seduction.28773/

Anyways , I am still using this break to make myself better , improving my fundamentals, core confidence , money etc . So as to make things easier when I come back in game , next year .

So , you can use breaks to recharge yourself and improve your game.

And to take mind off game , that's tricky cuz even though I don't do Daygame but my game mode is always turned on . If a girl is in my social circle then I will automatically game her .

So ,.can't help you here.

Hue

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
At this point... I don't unless something else in life has fully taken my attention like a new job, or a committed project. Even then you can always approach a cute girl you see grocery shopping, or just in your daily life.

Active gaming, like dedicated gaming though? I'm an extremely hungry dude so I keep going until I'm sexually and emotionally satiated with the women in my life.

I also have built a lifestyle that gives me constant opportunities to game women, but that's a different question all together.

Atlas IV

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
@Spyce D,
@Hue,

You guys bring up a key point which is about lifestyle. It sounds like you've both positioned yourselves in a way that you can game opportunistically, and treat it as a marathon rather than a sprint.

This is definitely something I'm aiming for too. Aside from dedicating time to cold approach, I'm thinking about how being in the right career and lifestyle could drastically improve my odds of meeting high quality women. This seems like the ultimate life hack.

Higher

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
my limit is about 3 weeks of full time (2+ hours a day) cold approaching, after that I need AT LEAST a week's break.

Hmm id def burn out and quickly lose momentum with this schedule.

What i usually do is one dedicated daygame session of 2+h every 2-3 days. This way i keep momentum going without gasping for air.

Ofc i still game "passively" when chances present themselves.

And what do you do to take your mind off game?

I love doing team sports like beach volleyball.

Keeps my blood pumping, its a good reason to stay outdoor and get good sunlight, and its still a very social game full of hotties that u often meet passively.

Its also a nice way to extend ur social circle.

Id def try to do sth similar if its ur thing.

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Can;t take a complete break. Sometimes I focus on other things and less on cold approach but I also structured my life in such a way that I encounter a lot of women and when I encounter someone I really like.. well cant take a real break from that

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

My take is the way you are structuring your outings will lead to burn out unless you are in the beginning stages or you make a living from seduction, there is no need... Cut to max 3 days.... what type of game style are you doing???

Atlas IV

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
@Higher,
Good idea with team sports, it's fun and a good way to socialize outside of game. I really ought to get back into basketball.

@POB,
Makes total sense. Nice way of putting it!

@Skills,
Mainly daygame, with nightgame once or twice a week. The burnout is probably because of my lifestyle to be honest. I tend to move from city to city every one or two months, so when I first arrive I aim to do a lot of approaches. But sometimes I focus so much on it that I end up neglecting regular social activities, and I think that's the problem.

Soon I'll be semi-permanently based in one city though, so it should be easier to build a healthy social life there.

I'm guessing you dedicate weekends to night game and the rest of the week to social circle activities?

SexualHero

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Would not recommend longer breaks, since you lose momentum and get rusty. You are slowing your progress and instead of getting good in a year or 2, it will take you 5 or 10 years. Is that something you really want ? But it doesn't mean you can't take a break. Take a break every few days, you don't have to approach every day. 3-4 days a week is more then enough to not lose your momentum and keep progressing at a steady pace.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I'm guessing you dedicate weekends to night game and the rest of the week to social circle activities?
most of my life has been max 3 days a week..... I don't see the point of more than 3 days tbh other than the beginning stages or if you are a pick up instructor........ when i was in college and school i can see is possible to do almost every day, cause you are already in that environment, but you are purposely doing outing of every day, that leads to burn out, and that means your approaches are not solid, with 3 days there should be more than enough leads...

Kaida

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Right now I’m kind of “taking a break” but at the same time I’m passively improving.

I made it a habit to quickly (in 30 seconds) analyze my interactions and mentally rehearse them with adjustments regardless if I get the number or not.

That way I’m squeezing XP out of each encounter without having to actively make seduction the center of my life if that makes sense

iceberg slim

Space Monkey
space monkey
most of my life has been max 3 days a week..... I don't see the point of more than 3 days tbh other than the beginning stages or if you are a pick up instructor........ when i was in college and school i can see is possible to do almost every day, cause you are already in that environment, but you are purposely doing outing of every day, that leads to burn out, and that means your approaches are not solid, with 3 days there should be more than enough leads...
Are there a certain number of approaches you shoot for?

Here's a quote from Chase in the article: "I'm Doing Everything to Succeed with Women but It's Still Not Working!":
if you don't talk to enough women, your pace of progress will be absolutely glacial.
If you're talking to anything fewer than five new women a week, you're moving at continental drift speed (you know... a millimeter a year). Anything fewer than ten women a week and you're moving at tortoise speed. You really should be at at least 20 new women a week if you want anything close to respectable improvement numbers.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Are there a certain number of approaches you shoot for?

Here's a quote from Chase in the article: "I'm Doing Everything to Succeed with Women but It's Still Not Working!":
if you don't talk to enough women, your pace of progress will be absolutely glacial.
If you're talking to anything fewer than five new women a week, you're moving at continental drift speed (you know... a millimeter a year). Anything fewer than ten women a week and you're moving at tortoise speed. You really should be at at least 20 new women a week if you want anything close to respectable improvement numbers.
No i don't have a number...i am more into consistency... So i go out once or twice a week constantly... I don't have a number of approaches i approach what i like or what the situation dictates...

iceberg slim

Space Monkey
space monkey
No i don't have a number...i am more into consistency... So i go out once or twice a week constantly... I don't have a number of approaches i approach what i like or what the situation dictates...
I like that approach. Consistency over time, 1-3 times per week. I've been thinking about it and I have a follow up question: in my case, I live in Seattle, so there's really only 4 months out of the year where I can go out consistently (I exclusively day game and it's rainy and nasty the rest of the year). Do you think an argument could be made that in such an environment, it's worth going hard for 4 months, maybe 5 times a week, since I can't really consistently game year round?

Gorili

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I like that approach. Consistency over time, 1-3 times per week. I've been thinking about it and I have a follow up question: in my case, I live in Seattle, so there's really only 4 months out of the year where I can go out consistently (I exclusively day game and it's rainy and nasty the rest of the year). Do you think an argument could be made that in such an environment, it's worth going hard for 4 months, maybe 5 times a week, since I can't really consistently game year round?

The perfect solution to bad weather like rain and snow is indoor malls and big stores. You'll be able to day game in these venues year-round. Having AC during summer and heating during the winter will also help with a lot of discomfort, compared to if you were to do this outside.

For malls, you can hit up the food court, common areas, and the stores inside the mall. For the standalone big stores, the top ones that come to mind in the US are Target, Macy's, Nordstrom, Ross, and TJ Maxx / Marshalls. These have been extensively field tested. There are way more, but I can't speak to the other places.

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder

I'm a goal driven person, I loathe routines and have never been successful with them, but I can work day and night toward a goal that I'm focused on.

This means I regularly take breaks from approaching to focus on something else - usually my business, or going sailing somewhere, or working on my boat - and circle back some time later when I'm hungry again. And when I am doing seduction, pretty much everything takes a back seat.

I don't know how long this kind of lifestyle will be able to continue in the future, but it definitely suits me and goes along with my wiring.

If you're going to take a break from seduction my advice is to make sure you finish some kind of new goal before doing so, that way there's a solid feeling of satisfaction and it's easier to focus on other things.

And also, when you're on a break, keep your vibe and style on point, keep a condom in your wallet, and keep flirting and making small talk with new girls when you're out and about, even checkout girls and whatnot, even if they're not 10s. Doing this keeps you fresh and ready for when you get back into the swing of things later on.

PeacockMan

Space Monkey
space monkey
I take a break from game whenever life stressors get in the way. Teevster / Alek did a great article on this here which pretty much sums up when I am at the lowest of my game. Whenever the issues take up more than 15 hours of my day to day, gaming women goes to a halt.

iceberg slim

Space Monkey
space monkey
I'm a goal driven person, I loathe routines and have never been successful with them, but I can work day and night toward a goal that I'm focused on.

This means I regularly take breaks from approaching to focus on something else - usually my business, or going sailing somewhere, or working on my boat - and circle back some time later when I'm hungry again. And when I am doing seduction, pretty much everything takes a back seat.

I don't know how long this kind of lifestyle will be able to continue in the future, but it definitely suits me and goes along with my wiring.

If you're going to take a break from seduction my advice is to make sure you finish some kind of new goal before doing so, that way there's a solid feeling of satisfaction and it's easier to focus on other things.

And also, when you're on a break, keep your vibe and style on point, keep a condom in your wallet, and keep flirting and making small talk with new girls when you're out and about, even checkout girls and whatnot, even if they're not 10s. Doing this keeps you fresh and ready for when you get back into the swing of things later on.
I feel similarly wired to go all out on things, but at the price of risking burnout. When you're going hard on seduction and everything else take a back seat, what does that look like in terms of hours per day and days per week? And how long do your all out periods last?

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take