What's new

Is being friendzoned inevitable as a seducer?

TwoNameGame

Space Monkey
space monkey
So I had an... 'interesting' conversation with a friend of mine who is a natural, but dismisses cold approaches. I've been trying a slower social circle game with this shy clasmate (unlucky obstacles reducing time to talk). My friend told me that you will end up friendzoned at some point if you deal with enough women; it just happens and you move on. It's just a risk that everyone faces.

But if you set a romantic frame, try to escalate, and secure compliance, does the risk of being friendzoned just never come up?

I don't consider myself experienced enough to reject another person's advice. However, he also told me that getting a phone number upon meeting a woman is impossible from experience. He subscribes to the idea that cold approaches cannot work unless you are handsome, but he also believes that looks matter very little and personality is what wins women.

topcat

Modern Human
Modern Human
Well your friends wrong in the cold approach advice.

But beyond that, no.

Me personally I’ve never been friendzoned since taking seduction seriously because i never stick around long enough to end up there. We fuck or I’m gone.

I don’t spend platonic time with women unless I intend to.

TwoNameGame

Space Monkey
space monkey
I don’t spend platonic time with women unless I intend to.
That would set a platonic frame. If the tension is allowed to fade and the attraction period runs out, the relationship ends, right? So, I should usually keep the atmosphere either romantic or sexual, and escalate when possible. Keep up the game so the friendzone cannot creep up, not just assume I blocked it out permanently.

topcat

Modern Human
Modern Human
That would set a platonic frame. If the tension is allowed to fade and the attraction period runs out, the relationship ends, right? So, I should usually keep the atmosphere either romantic or sexual, and escalate when possible. Keep up the game so the friendzone cannot creep up, not just assume I blocked it out permanently.
Just move quickly. Exercise options. If the chick you’re after isn’t receptive, move into the next.

Adventurer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
So I had an... 'interesting' conversation with a friend of mine who is a natural, but dismisses cold approaches. I've been trying a slower social circle game with this shy clasmate (unlucky obstacles reducing time to talk). My friend told me that you will end up friendzoned at some point if you deal with enough women; it just happens and you move on. It's just a risk that everyone faces.

But if you set a romantic frame, try to escalate, and secure compliance, does the risk of being friendzoned just never come up?

I don't consider myself experienced enough to reject another person's advice. However, he also told me that getting a phone number upon meeting a woman is impossible from experience. He subscribes to the idea that cold approaches cannot work unless you are handsome, but he also believes that looks matter very little and personality is what wins women.

Being friendzoned is something YOU decide. If your seduction failed and the girl only sees you as a friend and is not compliant, you can either keep her as a true platonic friend or cut contact. Both of those options are valid. The "friendzone situation", when the guy decide to pretend to be a friend to try to fuck a girl in the future, is a conscious, dishonest choice.

So yeah, sometimes you will meet a girl, fail the seduction and keep her around as a friend. But the big difference is that as a seducer, she's one girl among many. You're fucking other girls so you don't want or need to bang the ones who friendzone you, you just keep them around for the friendship and other kinds of value. I think that's what your natural friend meant

TwoNameGame

Space Monkey
space monkey
You're fucking other girls so you don't want or need to bang the ones who friendzone you, you just keep them around for the friendship and other kinds of value. I think that's what your natural friend meant
He tends to run something like social circle game with few ways of meeting people he'll see consistently. He doesn't have abundance, so you are probably right.

orkie123

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
This question reminds me of something I used to feel a lot as a beginner and still do ocassionally

"Did I fuck up with a girl or did I never have a chance?"

Fact is, you never know. You may run perfect game, fundamentals are on point, girl gives you IOIs, flirty, compliant and then she doesnt want to come back to your place.

It could be millions of reasons why. For all you know, she can flirt and kiss but genuinely wont have sex untill marriage.

Frustrating from a learning point of view but thats why it's a numbers game. It's always better to meet more girls, because you can only spot trends rather than figure out individual cases.

Sometimes I wanted to fight this truth. I wanted to prove that I can win any girl and no girl would ever friendzone me. But thats just not how seduction works and is often some indirect procrastination to approaching more girls.

TwoNameGame

Space Monkey
space monkey
Frustrating from a learning point of view but thats why it's a numbers game.
That's something I struggle to accept. I keep trying to find solutions and improve, but you're right. Sometimes people just click, sometimes even that's not enough.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
None Sense... He doesn't know what he is talking about.... "The i am not feeling it, lets be friends" is things that are not being said to intermediate or advanced guys... You don't get friend zone you friend zone... Obviously some girls will leave cause they are not getting commitment or progression... Or on the rare occasion they realize you will be sleeping around and they don't want to get hurt...

a good date brings a smile to your lips... and hers