What's new

Male Fashion Advice

Jarradical

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey guys

Basic question here. What do you guys wear to attract women? It only really just hit me that clothes are a non-verbal just like posture. Seeing as using colour and design to attract mates is so prevalent in other species, it would seem short-sighted to overlook it. That said, over thinking it could be just as detrimental as rocking out in a band T-shirt with white socks and black sneakers.

Currently I wear jeans pretty exclusively, and a block colour T-shirt. My stance is that by wearing clothes devoid of logos or graphics, I look presentable without looking like I care too much. Do any of you guys use 'peacocks' or similar?

Jarradical

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hi Jarradical,

Jarradical said:
Currently I wear jeans pretty exclusively, and a block colour T-shirt. My stance is that by wearing clothes devoid of logos or graphics, I look presentable without looking like I care too much. Do any of you guys use 'peacocks' or similar?

If you wear something cute like Pepsi or Spongebob but you have a great body and your posture is great, women still notice you. I suggest you experiment what looks good on you, try go out and test the different clothes in stores.

Side note: Even if you wear something 'ridiculous' like big specs for beach wear, and you use it in the train, as long it looks good on you, you don't backpedal on your looks by hunching and appearing nervous because they react in awe.

Zac

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take

Dash

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Don't scrimp on the jeans. A good pair will be costly.

If you've got the stature a t-shirt with a cheeky saying is okay. A pal of mine used to wear a bright orange shirt that said "Single" on it. Reliably caught women's attention.

A good pair of shoes is helpful. There are plenty of higher end, colourful, sneaks that go a long ways towards Chase's idea of peacocking. Women definitely notice footwear.

Thinkingenigma

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Also, don't underestimate the power of accessories. A nice chain or necklace can say a lot while being very understated. Plus, if you go with a pendant, it's incredibly easy to find one that is very personal to you. I tend to be very intentional about the symbolism of my jewelry, almost like people do with tattoos. I have a pendant on a chain that symbolizes each part of my life story so far. If you can find something like that, you can show a lot of value very easily. It's something that women will comment on, but that can have a ton of depth to it. Rings are the same way. I wear a tungsten band that symbolizes different parts of my personality with it's design. Very simple things like that not only add punch to your outfit, but also offer the possibility for you to show extra value.