What's new

NY Times Article on Dating

PinotNoir

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Me scanning through the article...

First half, it's going against Chase's philosophy, and according to the girl, against the philosophy of what women want. Women want one-on-one's, not group activities. They want to know you like them and take them out alone. This guy obviously messed up.

Ignore the "hookup culture" paragraph as I think they're making a "correlation proves causation!" argument. It doesn't work.

Next paragraph again goes against Chase's philosophy. You want interesting texts, not just "hey" or "sup," at least have your name and the girl's name.

Next paragraph is about how there's nothing to talk about. This has also been discussed in a GC post. Guys think logic and facts, so after knowing everything about a person through the dating profile (or facebook or google), then we just don't know what to talk about. We need to dive into feelings, reasons for the life ambitions they put on their profile, deep dive, etc. This isn't really a "problem," just differences between how men and women think/etc.

Last part is about money. Yeah, you are damn right I'm not going to take a woman out to a 5 star French restaurant and then not even have a 2nd date...

In short, I think the girls in this article are dating the wrong men, and it's a bit biased against men. The guys in this article are definitely approaching this wrong, but out of all of my guy friends, I can't think of a single one that hasn't done and is not still doing the "traditional date" of going out one-on-one to a restaurant and movie. Also, for the guys that do group dates, they usually don't bed the women, so that kind of goes against the "hookup culture" correlation.

It needs a bit more "solid" facts instead of just a few random interviews with girls that happen to always date the wrong guys... Just my opinion.

Cam87

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
You hit the nail on the head with your analysis.

I'm just glad we are armed with all this great knowledge. Sad that most guys are clueless.

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take