What's new

She is very attracted but she says she has a bf when you close

Nicko

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey guys hope everyone is doing well ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

so i cold approached on 1.11 20
(i put it up a post on FR called 'cold approach from a 15 year old ) for the first time ever. I have ran into a issue and im not sure what to do. The issue is: she is attracted to yoh but claims she has a bf after you state your intent (are u single?)

I Have read the article by Ricardus Domino on' She says she has a boyfriend? Heres why it doesn't matter' and other chases articles on attainability. I used direct and indirect direct when she has sent approach invitations left and right and is flirting non-verbally non stop but when i ask if 'if she is single' she is really apologetic and thats where the interaction would end.

I don't know if you can persist and she gives in and lets you close(get number, compliance for instant date, eventually sex)
My fundamental are good(body language+verbal) but it doesn't seem to budge am i doing something wrong?.
Here is the stages where it falls into pieces

(indirect direct) Approach invitation ➡ indirect ➡ hook ➡ rapport ➡ direct(state intent "i actually thought u were cute and i wanted to talk to u" ) ➡ tease + rapport ➡ close(phone number) ➡ 'im really sorryyyyy i have a bf'

(direct) approach invitation ➡ "your cute, you single? ➡ She giggles and responds" sorry i have a boyfriend"

I think i lacked compliance in the indirect direct but anyway im not sure if you can still escalate at that point.The articles only say just keep talking but what exactly? Continue deep diving and try again(phone number, get her to walk with you) im a bit lost.

I have encountered 1 that wouldn't let me have her number even though even though the convo was good(deep dive, teased her, lots of non verbal attraction) and 2 i just dropped and didn't bother(all 3 was attracted, expressed lots of interest.)

Im looking forward to everyone's advices
ʕ ·ᴥ·ʔ
-Nicko

Last edited:

Toby2030

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
claims she has a bf after you state your intent (are u single?)
(indirect direct) Approach invitation -> indirect -> hook -> rapport -> direct(state intent) -> tease + rapport -> close(phone number) -> 'im really sorryyyyy i have a bf'
in the first quote you stated, "state your intent = are u single?"

In the second quote you stated, "direct(state intent) -> tease+rapport"....yet she didn't reveal that she had a bf until after you went for the number close. So what did you say in the second quote?

Secondly, I don't like directly asking her if she's got a bf. That might cause knee jerk, "yes" even tho she doesn't have one.

Indirect is better

use situational question is a bit more smooth....

Are you on your wait to meet your boyfriend.... Walking day game

are you watching that movie with your bf..... movie theater

if she is with a little kid... is that your boyfriend (sarcastic funny, ridiculous)

any situational question for her to answer if she has a bf or not in an indirect way...

Nicko

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
in the first quote you stated, "state your intent = are u single?"

In the second quote you stated, "direct(state intent) -> tease+rapport"....yet she didn't reveal that she had a bf until after you went for the number close. So what did you say in the second quote?

Secondly, I don't like directly asking her if she's got a bf. That might cause knee jerk, "yes" even tho she doesn't have one.

Indirect is better
Oops i should have filled that in becausd u assuned i ask 'if you were single' i used.'i actually thought u were cute and i wanted to talk to' and she didn't said anything about having a bf so i assumed she was single

If so she has given me knee jerked responce should i just persist and close either way? Or i just drop it all togetber

ulrich

Modern Human
Modern Human
You need to use your intuition.
Do you think she actually has a boyfriend or she is just shy/scared that this is going too fast?

1) If you think she is sincere, you could ask her if her boyfriend is really serious like getting married and all or ask for her number again and say “don’t worry, we’ll just be friends”.

2) If she is scared, you can try telling her, “it’s OK, we’ll invite your boyfriend to join us”.

If there is a real boyfriend and she loves him, you will probably get nowhere anyway but if the “boyfriend” is just an excuse or a guy she is not serious about, these will help you keep moving the conversation.

Nicko

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
You need to use your intuition.
Do you think she actually has a boyfriend or she is just shy/scared that this is going too fast?

1) If you think she is sincere, you could ask her if her boyfriend is really serious like getting married and all or ask for her number again and say “don’t worry, we’ll just be friends”.

2) If she is scared, you can try telling her, “it’s OK, we’ll invite your boyfriend to join us”.

If there is a real boyfriend and she loves him, you will probably get nowhere anyway but if the “boyfriend” is just an excuse or a guy she is not serious about, these will help you keep moving the conversation.
Mmhh your rjght thanks for the advice lll definitely start implementing them when the next time i go cold approaching

the right date makes getting her back home a piece of cake