What's new

Exes  Sleeping with ex - can it be done without her (or me) catching feelings again?

Lantern

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
About a month ago I broke up an LTR of a little over 1.5 years. The breakup itself wasn't very drastic as the last 6 months both of us were unsatisfied with the way things were (rather, weren't) developing, so we both in part felt relieved, but in part disappointed that it got to that point, as when we hang out we had a lot of fun. The relationship itslef was quite good except it seemed to get stuck in the mud, but there were no fights, and we're in good relations. And the sex was awesome, maybe the best physicial chemistry I had with anyone. This girl could make me hard by sneezing in my general direction, let alone doing anything sexual.

One additional fact: we're both part of a social circle, although not the kind we'll see each other daily, but it's still quite relevant. We'll probably run into each other once a month, maybe a bit more sometimes, and we might end up here and there in weekend-long group activities together.

Anyway, yesterday we met for a coffee to talk about if there's anything left to discuss to clear the air and also to discuss some practicalities. It all went fine, except that I needed to go with her to her place to take some stuff, and when giving our goodbyes I gave her a hug, and the hug started getting prolonged, I could feel her heart pumping like crazy, and it felt like if I kissed her then and there we'd end up fucking. I exited gracefully.

Thing is, I certainly wouldn't mind sleeping with her again, but I really want to a) not make it hard for her to let go of the relationship emotionally b) enable us to function normally in the social circle and c) avoid any drama.

My questions is should I just make peace with the fact it might be better to never sleep with her again if those are my goals, or that's not neccesarily true? If the latter, should I give it more time before opening up to the option, say six months or something? Any other advice?

Last edited:
a good date brings a smile to your lips... and hers

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I've done it, with several exes. It can be totally awesome. If the breakup was mutual I'd say the chances are minimal that you'll be catching feelings.

I mean, yeah there can be feelings involved. But if you both are clear that it's not gonna work out then why the hell not.

Once I got together with an ex, initially we just went for a walk and talk. At one point I kissed her... and it felt like she had an orgasm just kissing. I actually asked her after the makeout, "Hey did you just cum?" She didn't answer, just gave me a sheepish grin...

Proceeded to fuck her that night in the park, bending her over a stone wall. It was bitter cold, but worth every second of the experience. Later I told my girl "damn it's cold" and she was like "yeah right you're complaining, the only body part you had out was in a warm place" :D

Lantern

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I've done it, with several exes. It can be totally awesome. If the breakup was mutual I'd say the chances are minimal that you'll be catching feelings.
How long did it pass between the breakup and hookups in your cases?

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
How long did it pass between the breakup and hookups in your cases?
Not long at all. Couple of weeks maybe. I was sad I had left her so I stayed in touch, even though I knew it wasn't going to work out.

It was definitely a scarcity thing though.

Marcellus

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
@Skills
I would like to know your thoughts on this?
If i go out to a club and see 100 beautiful woman everywhere this thought would not even cross my mind, the past is the past