What's new

What the hell is the meaning of "moving fast" ?

Energy

Space Monkey
space monkey
What does "moving fast" really mean ?

I recently lost a girl by moving (too) fast with her. (Report comming soon)

We should build connection before asking for dates, right? We should not put pressure on her by confessing our feelings or by forcing a date before building a connection, right?
We should let the conversation builds up naturally, right? We should only ask for her number after we have a good reason to meet her, right?

So why the hell should we move fast ?

I get it that I should always move things forward. But during the interaction, if I sense some doubt or some awkwardness, wouldn't it be prudent to not force things by moving forward while being in a bad state of mind, especially on environment where reputation matters?

Higher

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I think the phrase "move fast" is a good catchprase for beginners to remember one important concept, but its incomplete.

The one important concept is: girls will offer escalation windows to guys theyre attracted to, and those guys must capitalize on those windows as quickly as possible - but not quicker.

Hence, the complete phrase would be: move as fast as she allows u to.

Mr.SocialAcceptableHarem

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

We should build connection before asking for dates, right? We should not put pressure on her by confessing our feelings or by forcing a date before building a connection, right?
We should let the conversation builds up naturally, right? We should only ask for her number after we have a good reason to meet her, right?

I get it that I should always move things forward. But during the interaction, if I sense some doubt or some awkwardness, wouldn't it be prudent to not force things by moving forward while being in a bad state of mind, especially on environment where reputation matters?
yes and no

Move fast = don't be afraid to pull the trigger when you have to (half of that is even knowing to pull it i.e. escalation windows)

BUT,

at the same time

Move naturally, because it will look and feel forced to both sides of the coin if you do some uncalibrated "moving fast" and just end up making her uncomfortable

I know this one from experience, if I could talk to past biggus, I would slap him in the face and tell him: "Stop touching girls too soon and focus on the connection you make with them!"

Touch (a prime example of escalation and moving fast) is useless without similarity and compliance. It just won't work, it will backfire! (like it did with younger me)

In the pick up world you'll find a lot of advice is contextual, yes under certain circumstance this works BUT If you don't have x,y, and z in place already, you will embarrass yourself by doing something that is innapropriate

This is a moment to not be discouraged, but instead take a step back and appreciate how beautifully complicated seduction is.
These are human beings, not fuck toys, these girls have hopes, dreams, and fears

and when you discover what those are, they fall in love with you, and you with them

(granted you touch her so your not just her friend that she vents too)

patting a girl on the ass is my favorite

but that's something you gotta work up to ;)

best,

biggus

a good date brings a smile to your lips... and hers

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

You probably lost the girl for other issues, i suspect calibration... Those rules you are talking about, i never heard them "connection" ?? I think you are either misunderstanding or taking things out of context...

Energy

Space Monkey
space monkey
You probably lost the girl for other issues, i suspect calibration... Those rules you are talking about, i never heard them "connection" ?? I think you are either misunderstanding or taking things out of context...
I think I don't understand the concept of "moving fast". For a scenario like this, I think I get it. The lesson was: don't miss the window!

Energy

Space Monkey
space monkey
Okay, so I re-read the classic article "Move Faster" and I think I get it.

Ever have an interaction going really well, with a girl really into you, but then it starts fading, dying away, and eventually she excuses herself and leaves?
You need to move faster.
Yes, this is straightforward. "It’s because with every woman, there is only a limited window of opportunity to take things and run with them. "

My failure with that particular woman was probably due to other issue as Skills said it.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I was just frustrated.

Dragonetti

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
You have to move fast with her. You can't move fast without her interest and enthusiasm. You can't push her -- she has to want to come along with you.

We can extend the metaphor: if you move fast and she doesn't move equally fast, you'll leave her behind.

The idea behind moving fast is to take the opportunities to push things to the next level of intimacy when they arise. But this involves

1. Knowing when opportunities arise
  2. Knowing how to make opportunities arise
  3. Capitalizing on them

It's like climbing a ladder.