What's new

Who is Jeet02? - An Introduction

Jeet02

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Who is Jeet? Well Jeet is actually Derek Jeter from the New York Yankees...but who am I? Well where to start...those who have known me my whole life could probably tell you that I have come a LONG way. I mean yes, 23 years is a long way, but I mean a really long way. See, way back in elementary school I was probably one of the most shy guys. At least when it came to girls. And it was funny, cause rumors around school where that all girls were crazy with me for some reason (looks maybe? I dont know). I remember back in 5th grade I actually asked a girl to be my girlfriend (obviously through a note) and she said yes. But we never even talked after that....well maybe a word here and there but that was it. Then a little bit later in the semester we were playing truth or dare and she said dare and kissed another guy....right in front of me and the whole school. I went crying back to the classroom and on the way there I just remember people laughing at me for being such a pussy. I was heartbroken. This was a girl I had liked for over 3 class years and she did that to me...but I don't blame her.

Then after that it was a big spiral downward but I started to finally talk to girl and feel more comfortable with them. Around 10th grade I started dating a girl younger than me...we dated during the same, but since we were young, and I still was kinda shy, we never saw each other during the summer. We talked on the phone (well she did most of the talking). I think she got bored of me or something because halfway through summer, she said she had been grounded for something and couldn't talk on the phone. So for the last month or so of summer I didn't talk to her and then I finally saw her again at school, when school started, and we talked and parted ways. After that I just had a crush in a few other girls, not really making any moves or really seducing them much. I was good at making girls that I wasn't interested in, fall for me. Cause I would be myself...I wouldn't hold anything back and they apparently liked that, even though I was kind of an aashole sometimes. I wasn't trying to make them for fall me either, it just happened. Needless to say though, I never dated any of them, because I really wasn't interested in them.

Fast forward to prom night. Here I realized I had come a pretty long way since elementary school. Girls were coming to me to ask me to dance, I had a blast. I danced all night with different girls and what not. Still...didnt take anyone with me though. Then I went to Cancun, Mexico for my senior trip...didn't even kiss a girl. I know...how pathetic right? It happens.

First year of college I met an awesome girl. Probably the only girl I have ever been in loved with. She was actually in a long distance relationship when I met her, but she kept looking for me and it was just soooo easy to talk to her. There was one night were I slept over at her place....we were in her bed, watching lost on her computer. I started gracing her leg and she started gracing my shoulder. Our heads were almost touching...I still didn't kiss her. My mentality back then was "I dont want to kiss her until she has officially broken up with her boyfriend" See I liked her for real, so I didn't want to start a relationship with her like that. Of course, I looked back at it now and I just get so mad at myself. She even said, later on (actually a few months ago) "...and you would kiss a girl if you were staying at her bed?". Yup. She obviously wanted me to...I was just too stupid to realize.

After that I was just too heartbroken (she completely forgot about me when her boyfriend came back...even though she broke up with him like a month after). It was just hard for me to actually feel attraction for another woman, subconsciously I was broken. which created probably the worst 5 years of my life, where I hated college, all I did was pretty much study (I did go out and would have a good time...and I would hook up with a girl here and there, but just make out). Finally those 5 years came to an end. I graduated and we are almost in present time.

I am from Puerto Rico, I was born and raised there. Have lived my entire life there, up till July of this year, where I moved to Tampa, Florida to start my job/career. I am living 100% alone for the first time.

Back in August I went on a date with a girl I met online. She was super into me, she even went to say "Mr. hottie gave me permanent butterflies" on a text after the date. I was like "shit...maybe this is finally it...maybe this is the girl I will finally make my girlfriend". Of course, the joke was on me...she was too emotionally unstable to actually date. So she backed out.

I work in IT...so my access to women is VERY limited. I have the phone number of the only hot girl in my office: the gym trainer. But because of this, we decided to join a kickball team to meet women. Here I did manage to talk to a few women, I approached them no problem...and finally there was a kickball night at the bar that I ended up with 2 phone numbers.One of them was a lay close (my first...I lost my virginity to her...thats a story for later, but feel free to ask about it here). The other number is a girl I talked about in the Field Reports, well I F'ed up pretty bad. And now...well now here I am.

I decided I wanted to fix the things I have done wrong in the past. Of course, from all of those experiences I have learned a lot. Many of those relationships would have been a lot more interesting if I had known what I know now. But all of that lead me to be here...and hopefully here I will learn my ways so I don't screw up as bad as I have in the past. I am way more confident now...I can pretty much talk to any woman and be able to come up with a decent conversation. Now I need to learn to escalate and make them chase me.

I really dont know where to end this...but to say that I am really looking forward to learn a lot here. Improve not only my "game" but become a better person as a whole. Hopefully this will lead to me meeting the woman I have been waiting my whole life (and yes, I am a hopeless romantic).

For now though, the story is just getting started...to be continued.
-Jeet

nino

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Very inspiring story, it truly is. Guess it's fair to say now you really do start a new life now! Looking forward to hearing more from you.

AFCnoob

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Great to get a more 3-dimensional picture of you, Jeet. Very interesting to see how your past experiences have shaped you. It seems like you're in a really excellent place to start learning and honing your skills at picking girls up! I've enjoyed your postings so far, and look forward to reading more.

Jeet02

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Wow I didn't realize how long this post was haha. Thank you both for reading it though, I appreciate it. And thank you for the kind words too!

It is funny cause from reading all that you would think I am socially awkward, but I am not...at all. I definitely was way back when though. I guess I am proud of my progress during the years, but I feel like I still have a long way to go to be where I actually want to be.

Again, thanks for reading and replying!

-Jeet

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Good story here, Jeet. Glad to have you on the boards. I look forward to seeing your progress -- hopefully you can get as much as out of this website as I have. =)

- Franco

Ross

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I work in IT...so my access to women is VERY limited. I have the phone number of the only hot girl in my office: the gym trainer.

No offense, but I just hate excuses like this. You can easily find women everywhere.. You aren't confined to your work, though it certainly feels like the most convenient way to start a relationship. If I could challenge you, I suggest that you breach from the confines of looking for relationships in social circle only.

Jeet02

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
RTB said:
I work in IT...so my access to women is VERY limited. I have the phone number of the only hot girl in my office: the gym trainer.

No offense, but I just hate excuses like this. You can easily find women everywhere.. You aren't confined to your work, though it certainly feels like the most convenient way to start a relationship. If I could challenge you, I suggest that you breach from the confines of looking for relationships in social circle only.

Oh no no no no!! No dude! I didn't mean it like that AT ALL. What I was trying to say is that the only actual people I know, being new in town and what not, are guys. So that's why we decided to join the kickball team, so we could meet women cause we are all pretty much new in town, so we wanted to extend our social circle (which was kind of a failure). But yes, I didn't mean like I can't meet women cause of my work.

Hope that clears it up.

Thanks for reading though, and you too Franco!

-Jeet

Ross

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Jeet02 said:
RTB said:

Oh no no no no!! No dude! I didn't mean it like that AT ALL. What I was trying to say is that the only actual people I know, being new in town and what not, are guys. So that's why we decided to join the kickball team, so we could meet women cause we are all pretty much new in town, so we wanted to extend our social circle (which was kind of a failure). But yes, I didn't mean like I can't meet women cause of my work.

Hope that clears it up.

Thanks for reading though, and you too Franco!

-Jeet

Though you may not have meant it to come out that way, it certainly was written like an excuse, although not an all inclusive one. It kind of painted you as a victim of your job, and what is thought usually appears in pen (or on the Internet, for this case). I've fallen into the point of trying to make excuses for myself, so I don't blame you and I've trained myself to ardently rebel against any thought in my mind that could even be mistaken for an excuse, probably explaining why I pointed out this one for you.

Also, did you want to extend and include girls in your social circle? I can see how such a thing could work for a long term relationship type deal, which is definitely what I do not specialize in, and I don't feel comfortable trying to advise you to do anything in that respect. I'm in it for the passion-filled, enjoyable few weeks in which relationships are a lot of fun. Since there are millions of beautiful and interesting women in the world, I couldn't even see myself settling down with one.

a good date brings a smile to your lips... and hers

Jeet02

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yeah, I wanted (still do) to include girls in our social circle. Not only cause it is way more fun but because girls know girls and it would be easier that way haha.

There are definitely a lot of interesting and beautiful women around, and I wouldn't mind dating a few of them. My ultimate goal though, is to eventually find one I want to settle down with. part of the idea of getting better at this is that I can eventually (hopefully) pretty much date any girl I want. From there, I will see which kinda I TRULY like and I can find the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. I don't want to settle for someone, I want to settle down (eventually).

-Jeet