What's new

"Big Dick Energy" as differentiating factor in game

assman93

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Reviewing Joe Elvin’s “Big Dick Energy”

Shortly before the coronavirus, the term “Big Dick Energy” (BDE) came into popular parlance. The term essentially implies an easy confidence suggesting a guy has a large member. The term BDE was often attributed to SNL comedian Pete Davidson around this time, who dated various hot female celebrities including Emily Ratajkowski, Kim Kardashian and Kate Beckinsale.

In his book Big Dick Energy: How to Unleash Your Masculinity and Become the Dominant Man that Women Crave, British writer Joe Elvin seeks to understand the essence of BDE and how guys can get some for themselves. The earlier chapters are focused on developing a more bold and unapologetic personality and the later chapters are more focused on practical advice for going out. The final chapter on BDE in relationships argues amidst a competitive dating environment you can’t devolve into a loser once you’ve gotten a hot girl into a relationship, pretty obvious and intuitive stuff.

Overall, I found this book to be so-so. Elvin’s notion of nurturing your male virility through diet and exercise is a good takeaway. I also thought Elvin’s discussion of building social momentum when going out was valuable (here, Elvin tells an impressive story about going from being a bald foreigner with no friends to bonking the alpha-female in a group of Swedish blondes during a night out in Stockholm). However, there are some parts of the book that miss the proverbial mark. While not out to knock Owen Cook, he is not the dating coach I would personally pick out as having demonstrable BDE.

In the book Atomized by Michel Houellebecq, one of the lead characters Bruno resents a student in his class of African descent named Ben. Using incel terminology here merely for its descriptive accuracy, Ben is a prototypical Tyrone, a young athletic black guy who the most attractive girl in the class gravitates to because he represents an attractive archetype. Bruno, convinced Ben has a big dick, laments that Western civilization more broadly will decline amidst people worshipping big dicks.

In some ways, it is lamentable that our civilization has declined to the level of being preoccupied with “Big Dick Energy”. Still, evolution requires adaptation. The outlook of young attractive women is often influenced by media values, and “Big Dick Energy” is a trending concept.1 Elvin’s book is a somewhat frivolous but nonetheless instructive little book that gives guys worthwhile tips towards cultivating this attribute.

Footnotes:
1. As an interesting aside, in a conversation with a female friend, I learned that the etymology of the term “Big Dick Energy” can be traced to women's circles.

Last edited:
you miss 100% of the shots you don't take

alexlaguma

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
One of my female friends at work told me she overheard two girls talking about me and saying I had big dick energy. It was probably the most flattered I've ever been.

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
Reviewing Joe Elvin’s “Big Dick Energy”

Shortly before the coronavirus, the term “Big Dick Energy” (BDE) came into popular parlance. The term essentially implies an easy confidence suggesting a guy has a large member. The term BDE was often attributed to SNL comedian Pete Davidson around this time, who dated various hot female celebrities including Emily Ratajkowski, Kim Kardashian and Kate Beckinsale.

In his book Big Dick Energy: How to Unleash Your Masculinity and Become the Dominant Man that Women Crave, British writer Joe Elvin seeks to understand the essence of BDE and how guys can get some for themselves. The earlier chapters are focused on developing a more bold and unapologetic personality and the later chapters are more focused on practical advice for going out. The final chapter on BDE in relationships argues amidst a competitive dating environment you can’t devolve into a loser once you’ve gotten a hot girl into a relationship, pretty obvious and intuitive stuff.

Overall, I found this book to be so-so. Elvin’s notion of nurturing your male virility through diet and exercise is a good takeaway. I also thought Elvin’s discussion of building social momentum when going out was valuable (here, Elvin tells an impressive story about going from being a bald foreigner with no friends to bonking the alpha-female in a group of Swedish blondes during a night out in Stockholm). However, there are some parts of the book that miss the proverbial mark. While not out to knock Owen Cook, he is not the dating coach I would personally pick out as having demonstrable BDE.

In the book Atomized by Michel Houellebecq, one of the lead characters Bruno resents a student in his class of African descent named Ben. Using incel terminology here merely for its descriptive accuracy, Ben is a prototypical Tyrone, a young athletic black guy who the most attractive girl in the class gravitates to because he represents an attractive archetype. Bruno, convinced Ben has a big dick, laments that Western civilization more broadly will decline amidst people worshipping big dicks.

In some ways, it is lamentable that our civilization has declined to the level of being preoccupied with “Big Dick Energy”. Still, evolution requires adaptation. The outlook of young attractive women is often influenced by media values, and “Big Dick Energy” is a trending concept.1 Elvin’s book is a somewhat frivolous but nonetheless instructive little book that gives guys worthwhile tips towards cultivating this attribute.

Footnotes:
1. As an interesting aside, in a conversation with a female friend, I learned that the etymology of the term “Big Dick Energy” can be traced to women's circles.
listen to Mac Miller BDE

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
lemme see if i can fillin your blind spot...
im getting from this post that Tyrone doesn't really have a big dick.
So, he is handsome and athletic to make up for it. So, everythign pretty much evens out.
If you can then fake BDE and youre golden.
where when u actua;;y hvase a dick dick its not confiden, bc girls can tell if you have a big dick or not.

assman93

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
lemme see if i can fillin your blind spot...
im getting from this post that Tyrone doesn't really have a big dick.
So, he is handsome and athletic to make up for it. So, everythign pretty much evens out.
If you can then fake BDE and youre golden.
where when u actua;;y hvase a dick dick its not confiden, bc girls can tell if you have a big dick or not.
@mrman BDE is more about having a confident in his masculinity vibe than necessarily having a large member, which Elvin acknowledges.