What's new

Hobbies complementary to game?

iceberg slim

Space Monkey
space monkey
Anyone have any hobbies that pair nicely with game? I'll go first: going on bike rides through populated areas and hitting up chicks I see as I'm riding.

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Anyone have any hobbies that pair nicely with game? I'll go first: going on bike rides through populated areas and hitting up chicks I see as I'm riding.
Haha, I do exactly the same! But I prefer to approach when I'm walking. I find it kind of weird wearing the helmet and all, though I still do it when there's an opportunity.

My other hobby is going to the beach, which is full of hot girls fortunately!

Derek da man

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
This is a bit obvious but any type of partner dancing - Modern Jive (Ceroc, LeRock, etc), Salsa, Bachata, Kizomba or Ballroom. These are more about being social and then discretely arrange a date. The success of these is very much down to the demographic of the class/social.

Where I am ballroom is a much older crowd, the others are all very mixed in ages. A friend of mine does well at ballroom classes at his university campus so clearly a very much younger demographic.

Salsa, Bachata and Kizomba are very popular around where I am so there are a wide variety of small socials, including some on the beach front. All have lots of opportunities as well as loving to get up and just enjoy the dance.

Lantern

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
+2 on dancing. Not just social game, but I strongly believe that learning how to lead well in dancing translates as an embodied knowledge to how to lead women in general, if you approach it with awareness.

iceberg slim

Space Monkey
space monkey
Haha, I do exactly the same! But I prefer to approach when I'm walking. I find it kind of weird wearing the helmet and all, though I still do it when there's an opportunity.

My other hobby is going to the beach, which is full of hot girls fortunately!
So you dismount and lock up your bike, then approach? The beach, always a good choice. My challenge is I get a little sleepy sitting in the sun on my towel. What's your strategy?

+ 1 on dancing....perfect for social game

Gyms are a bit more tricky, but can be a good source too
I've done a few approaches at the gym, but I agree it's tricky. Getting a gym lay is a goal of mine though.
+2 on dancing. Not just social game, but I strongly believe that learning how to lead well in dancing translates as an embodied knowledge to how to lead women in general, if you approach it with awareness.
I like that idea of "embodied knowledge" of leading through dancing. Interesting and makes sense.

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
So you dismount and lock up your bike, then approach?

If there is time, I do that sometimes, yes. But I've also approached with the bike in hand. I do try and dismount first though, unless it's more of a drive-by where I'm not aiming for a longer interaction.
The beach, always a good choice. My challenge is I get a little sleepy sitting in the sun on my towel. What's your strategy?

The other day I opened a girl while I was in the water, bathing near the shore. We had a good interaction but turns out she was there with a boyfriend.

When I walk around by the water getting my feet wet, there's always some girls around that I sometimes open.

I agree though that in the mid day sun it's just too hot to do lots of approaching. For that I prefer the evenings.

a good date brings a smile to your lips... and hers

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I don't generally use hobbies as a way to meet women, for one thing because my hobbies mostly don't coincide with women's interests, but also because it's hard to go around approaching lots of different girls in a regular social environment like that without a lot of friction. In those environments I prefer to create platonic interest and intrigue rather than actually trying anything.

What I think is much more useful is being able to talk about your hobbies in very attractive and exciting ways to women you cold approach.

Besides having a slightly sexual attitude toward all women I meet, which helps create rapport, my regular social life is completely separate from my seduction life, and I like to keep things that way.

Social life is like the front door of my house, and seduction life is the bedroom window. Much better when they aren't too close to one another.

bgwh

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
This is a bit obvious but any type of partner dancing - Modern Jive (Ceroc, LeRock, etc), Salsa, Bachata, Kizomba or Ballroom. These are more about being social and then discretely arrange a date. The success of these is very much down to the demographic of the class/social.

Where I am ballroom is a much older crowd, the others are all very mixed in ages. A friend of mine does well at ballroom classes at his university campus so clearly a very much younger demographic.

Salsa, Bachata and Kizomba are very popular around where I am so there are a wide variety of small socials, including some on the beach front. All have lots of opportunities as well as loving to get up and just enjoy the dance.
Used to be true 10-15 years ago. Now it's become full of ugly girls and desperate guys trying to get laid boosting the egos of the fives. It's the only place where fives act like nines, because every guy who signs up to class is trying to bang them. Honestly your local grocery is like 100x better than dance hobby. Hotter girls that are more humble and receptive (since nobody ever even talks to them in the grocery store). In dance literally every guy hits on every girl, and quality has dropped a lot. It used to be the case that dance attracted cute girls and cool guys, it's no longer the case. It's become the uncool people club.

ChrisXKiss

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Used to be true 10-15 years ago. Now it's become full of ugly girls and desperate guys trying to get laid boosting the egos of the fives. It's the only place where fives act like nines, because every guy who signs up to class is trying to bang them. Honestly your local grocery is like 100x better than dance hobby. Hotter girls that are more humble and receptive (since nobody ever even talks to them in the grocery store). In dance literally every guy hits on every girl, and quality has dropped a lot. It used to be the case that dance attracted cute girls and cool guys, it's no longer the case. It's become the uncool people club.
I'd say that it depends on location and the circles of the dance classes. I've been taking part in some classes given by my former university's association and although you don't get model looking women all the time, there are enough cute girls. I've also been to the salsa/bachata venues in my area and it doesn't look that bad quality wise.

For me the main issue with this hobby is that in the end it really is social circle game. It's not like club dance game, where you can directly use dancing skills to arouse the woman and escalate. You also end up kinda knowing most of the girls in the scene, since you see them again and again dancing with them in the social events.

Apart from the social aspect of game that you can practice if you have a good enough scene in your area, the part about getting accustomed to interacting with women physically and leading them is the most important for me. It's not so much about using the moves or the techniques in other seductions, but more about having a feeling of how to touch and push/pull physically in a dominantly smooth way.

Generally regarding hobbies, I'd say first of all look at what you enjoy and what you would consider as intriguing to try, then give it a go and see how it feels. And I would include women in all this, meaning that if there are certain kinds of women you like, give it a try to dive a bit more inside their world.

bgwh

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I'd say that it depends on location and the circles of the dance classes. I've been taking part in some classes given by my former university's association and although you don't get model looking women all the time, there are enough cute girls. I've also been to the salsa/bachata venues in my area and it doesn't look that bad quality wise.

For me the main issue with this hobby is that in the end it really is social circle game. It's not like club dance game, where you can directly use dancing skills to arouse the woman and escalate. You also end up kinda knowing most of the girls in the scene, since you see them again and again dancing with them in the social events.

Apart from the social aspect of game that you can practice if you have a good enough scene in your area, the part about getting accustomed to interacting with women physically and leading them is the most important for me. It's not so much about using the moves or the techniques in other seductions, but more about having a feeling of how to touch and push/pull physically in a dominantly smooth way.

Generally regarding hobbies, I'd say first of all look at what you enjoy and what you would consider as intriguing to try, then give it a go and see how it feels. And I would include women in all this, meaning that if there are certain kinds of women you like, give it a try to dive a bit more inside their world.
I didn't want to share this because I didn't want to risk doxxing myself, but here goes... I've actually taught dance and leading for 20 years. I was the master leading teacher, and a virgin outside of dance for the first years of doing that. It doesn't translate to game in any way shape or form. And I'm saying this as someone who charges money to teach leading, and that's good money.

The only guys who actually get laidd off of dance are the teachers and instructors and related event managers (I got laid plenty, and yes the girls you're hitting on, they're hitting on me after class and I bang them as you're texting them), but if I could rewind time, I wouldn't have wasted a single second on this dance crap, it wasn't worth the investment it took. Cold approach has a much better ROI. It was a shit ton of work to become a dance expert and recognized as one, and while it did get me laid "on autopilot", had I invested that same effort in cold approach, the ROI would have been much better.

Last edited:

bgwh

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
To give you some more behind the scenes insight. Teachers, managers and instructors will come together and invite chicks to private party and bang all of them, as those chicks brag to us about which fellow students and party-goers they're leading on and show us the text messages.

In short, whole you're busy texting her, we're banging her and her friends with no effort.

It's very similar to alpha fucks, beta bucks, except in this case with dance status.

The teachers get to bang with no effort, whilst these same girls make other lower-ranked dude in the dance niche invest 100x more effort. If you're just another student or party-goer, you're essentially on the same level as her.

She wants to bang the top of the pyramid in dance, which is either teachers, workshop guest instructors, the event DJs, or event organizers and managers. As you're busy "gaming her", know that the workshop guest instructor who flew in for a weekend banged her with no game involved, in fact, she approached him after the workshop and started kino-ing him and asking him what hotel he's staying at.

Last edited:

ChrisXKiss

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I didn't want to share this because I didn't want to risk doxxing myself, but here goes... I've actually taught dance and leading for 20 years. I was the master leading teacher, and a virgin outside of dance for the first years of doing that. It doesn't translate to game in any way shape or form. And I'm saying this as someone who charges money to teach leading, and that's good money.

The only guys who actually get laidd off of dance are the teachers and instructors (I got laid plenty, and yes the girls you're hitting on, they're hitting on me after class and I bang them as you're texting them), but if I could rewind time, I wouldn't have wasted a single second on this dance crap, it wasn't worth the investment it took. Cold approach has a much better ROI. It was a shit ton of work to become a dance expert and recognized as one, and while it did get me laid "on autopilot", had I invested that same effort in cold approach, the ROI would have been much better.
Yeah my experience as not a teacher or that good of a dancer yet is not different from yours. I think we generally agree anyway.

Going to become a good dancer, because you believe it will get you girls, is like going to do anything else that is not directly learning game, and hoping that it will give you girls somehow. People do it with all kinds of things, believing that they have to get a lot of money, or be famous musicians, or pro athletes in order to get the women. And as you say, if you do work hard and eventually get a lot of status in the field yes it can bring results, but it's not really the most time efficient way and won't translate at all outside the scene.

The main thing I wanted to mention is that it is possible to find cute girls, I mean I see them in my classes, but getting with them is indeed social circle game with its own rules. I do feel though that for guys that are not around women a lot, it can be an environment that will give them some exposure, maybe even female friends, and also teach some leading skills.

I would never say to someone go and do dance classes to get girls, but if you do like dancing, sure why not, it will also give you some familiarity with girls that dance, if that's a type of girl you like. Personally I do feel more at ease with touching women and leading them physically after starting to dance regularly. And of course if I wasn't approaching at all outside of there it would mean nothing.

To give you some more behind the scenes insight. Teachers, managers and instructors will come together and invite chicks to private party and bang all of them, as those chicks brag to us about which students they're leading on and show us the text messages. It's very similar to alpha fucks, beta bucks, except in this case with dance status. The teachers get to bang with no effort, whilst these same girls make other lower-ranked dude in the dance niche invest 100x more effort.
This is something I don't have much experience with, because a bunch of my teachers have been either in a relationship or married together, it does make sense though. I'm also extremely bad at using dance classes to get women anyway, I think I seem so focused on the dancing part that most people consider me awkward and unsocial at best in there, and I don't even take numbers or try to make moves personally.

It's still a social circle in the end, and when you are in one you have to be ready to run the kind of game that is needed there. And a lot of hobbies will be like that, if you go to a yoga class for example the instructor will always have the highest status. So you have to learn how to navigate similar environments if you want to be actively a member of one.

bgwh

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yeah my experience as not a teacher or that good of a dancer yet is not different from yours. I think we generally agree anyway.

Going to become a good dancer, because you believe it will get you girls, is like going to do anything else that is not directly learning game, and hoping that it will give you girls somehow. People do it with all kinds of things, believing that they have to get a lot of money, or be famous musicians, or pro athletes in order to get the women. And as you say, if you do work hard and eventually get a lot of status in the field yes it can bring results, but it's not really the most time efficient way and won't translate at all outside the scene.

The main thing I wanted to mention is that it is possible to find cute girls, I mean I see them in my classes, but getting with them is indeed social circle game with its own rules. I do feel though that for guys that are not around women a lot, it can be an environment that will give them some exposure, maybe even female friends, and also teach some leading skills.

I would never say to someone go and do dance classes to get girls, but if you do like dancing, sure why not, it will also give you some familiarity with girls that dance, if that's a type of girl you like. Personally I do feel more at ease with touching women and leading them physically after starting to dance regularly. And of course if I wasn't approaching at all outside of there it would mean nothing.

This is something I don't have much experience with, because a bunch of my teachers have been either in a relationship or married together, it does make sense though. I'm also extremely bad at using dance classes to get women anyway, I think I seem so focused on the dancing part that most people consider me awkward and unsocial at best in there, and I don't even take numbers or try to make moves personally.

It's still a social circle in the end, and when you are in one you have to be ready to run the kind of game that is needed there. And a lot of hobbies will be like that, if you go to a yoga class for example the instructor will always have the highest status. So you have to learn how to navigate similar environments if you want to be actively a member of one.
Basically when I think of the time I wasted to become the guy who gets laid on autopilot in dance, using that same effort I could have both mastered cold approach, and also built a couple of businesses. Cold approach is much better ROI.

I'm familiar with the idea of using dance as a way to get comfortable with girls, but honestly, I think doing newbie approach missions has the same or higher impact since that "comfortable around girls" doesn't transfer much outside of dance. Wish it did, doesn't.

Heck, one of the main reasons I overinvested in dance is because I had the fantasy about "spillover". There was none. It didn't matter that I was banging hotties in dance easily, when I went to any other context I was a chode who couldn't do crap. It doesn't transfer to other areas, like, at all.

The other way around works however. If you become really good at banging chicks from cold approach, and then you join dance, you're going to bang chicks like crazy. But that's because you can bang chicks anywhere, whether it's dance, yoga class, grocery store etc. Cold approach transfers to other contexts. But other contexts don't transfer to cold.

MuST0BtA1NSkR1Lla

Modern Human
Modern Human

The only guys who actually get laidd off of dance are the teachers and instructors and related event managers (I got laid plenty, and yes the girls you're hitting on, they're hitting on me after class and I bang them as you're texting them), but if I could rewind time, I wouldn't have wasted a single second on this dance crap, it wasn't worth the investment it took. Cold approach has a much better ROI. It was a shit ton of work to become a dance expert and recognized as one, and while it did get me laid "on autopilot", had I invested that same effort in cold approach, the ROI would have been much better.

It’s the same way I feel about going to church to meet chicks. *[And I’m orthodox 😂] the people who are pulling ass are usually authority figures but that’s been discussed previously.

The hobbies that are in this year are *[Pickle ball, jogging club, car meets]

I’m starting to notice a massive glute of single thirty year old women are starting to clog these hobby scenes and it’s funny how the dance teacher is saying it’s all guys but what I’m noticing is that there is way more women then men and that they are pissed. Angrier women are on the menu boys.

Now as a guy with a lot of chick friends I notice that a majority of women move as a hive mind and become proclative to all going towards the same thing. I could describe 90% of women in my city by saying Stanley Flask, Lululemon & Aritzia. Let that be the proof.

From what I’ve seen recently from what places are opening up en masse around my neighbourhood is that the Soul Cycle/Peloton trend has been dying down where instead they are now doing pilates and then I’ve noticed as well that the jogging clubs are full houses. *[Remember when 2010 the advice would be yoga now yoga is less popular then ever)

For younger people I’ve been buying tickets to concerts like Billie Eilish, Sabrina Carpenter. T Swift etc…. I’ve a concert once a month and while it’s not very conductive to pulling I’ve been finding myself having a good time there.

Hobbies that get me approaches is usually me washing one of my cars outside my house, I’d say owning a classic car is a worthwhile investment. Always will have some chick being like ah my dad use to have a pic of xyz car and loved em.

bgwh

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
It’s the same way I feel about going to church to meet chicks. *[And I’m orthodox 😂] the people who are pulling ass are usually authority figures but that’s been discussed previously.

The hobbies that are in this year are *[Pickle ball, jogging club, car meets]

I’m starting to notice a massive glute of single thirty year old women are starting to clog these hobby scenes and it’s funny how the dance teacher is saying it’s all guys but what I’m noticing is that there is way more women then men and that they are pissed. Angrier women are on the menu boys.

Now as a guy with a lot of chick friends I notice that a majority of women move as a hive mind and become proclative to all going towards the same thing. I could describe 90% of women in my city by saying Stanley Flask, Lululemon & Aritzia. Let that be the proof.

From what I’ve seen recently from what places are opening up en masse around my neighbourhood is that the Soul Cycle/Peloton trend has been dying down where instead they are now doing pilates and then I’ve noticed as well that the jogging clubs are full houses. *[Remember when 2010 the advice would be yoga now yoga is less popular then ever)

For younger people I’ve been buying tickets to concerts like Billie Eilish, Sabrina Carpenter. T Swift etc…. I’ve a concert once a month and while it’s not very conductive to pulling I’ve been finding myself having a good time there.

Hobbies that get me approaches is usually me washing one of my cars outside my house, I’d say owning a classic car is a worthwhile investment. Always will have some chick being like ah my dad use to have a pic of xyz car and loved em.
Yah in hobbies now it's mostly post wall women and sixes as well as thirsty man. As I've been around for so long I can attest to how it changed over time.

Maybe the hotties get enough attention from social media and tinder or something. Don't know. But there has definetely been a shift over time.

bgwh

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yah in hobbies now it's mostly post wall women and sixes as well as thirsty man. As I've been around for so long I can attest to how it changed over time.

Maybe the hotties get enough attention from social media and tinder or something. Don't know. But there has definetely been a shift over time.
Funny story, 2 minutes after I wrote this, the YouTube algo gave me a video where Sartain talks about this same trend (starts at 2m29s):

I personally haven't seen a drop in quality in malls and grocery stores though, hotties still have to shop. But for everything else he says, the trend is real, less and less hotties and the quality keeps dropping.