What's new

How to prevent cheating in marriage if you are away for long

Warped Mindless

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
lol if she wants to she’ll find a way..
I agree. I think his thought process behind the dread stuff is to make it not seem worth it. Fear of getting caught keeps her in line. Of course, if she doesn’t care if she’s caught that another story lol

TomInHo

Modern Human
Modern Human
many of the replies here are good but I have some more, less ethical, ways I’ve seen work. My friend is a bodyguard that travels a lot and before that was an army ranger. He’s also been married for a long time and to his knowledge his woman has never cheated.

One of his big secrets? “Dread” game.

He would tell a story to his wife about how him and his buddies used his “special operations connections” to hack the phone of a wife of his buddy whom he thought was cheating. This plants the seeds that he can have her phone and computer hacked at anytime.

He then found a legit sounding reason to have tracking software on her phone.

He also slipped a GPS tracker on her car. And while she didn’t know that, he told me he suspects that she would suspect such a thing.

Essentially he did that stuf and other stuff that greatly implied to her that he would easily catch her cheating if she did.

And because she genuinely loved and valued him she never wanted to risk to. To her a random affair was not worth the fear of being caught and losing her man. At least, that’s what he believes because as far as he knows she has never cheated.

Proabbly not a healthy way to go about things but whatever works lol

Sounds like a miserable existence to me. But to each their own I guess

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
many of the replies here are good but I have some more, less ethical, ways I’ve seen work. My friend is a bodyguard that travels a lot and before that was an army ranger. He’s also been married for a long time and to his knowledge his woman has never cheated.

One of his big secrets? “Dread” game.

He would tell a story to his wife about how him and his buddies used his “special operations connections” to hack the phone of a wife of his buddy whom he thought was cheating. This plants the seeds that he can have her phone and computer hacked at anytime.

He then found a legit sounding reason to have tracking software on her phone.

He also slipped a GPS tracker on her car. And while she didn’t know that, he told me he suspects that she would suspect such a thing.

Essentially he did that stuf and other stuff that greatly implied to her that he would easily catch her cheating if she did.

And because she genuinely loved and valued him she never wanted to risk to. To her a random affair was not worth the fear of being caught and losing her man. At least, that’s what he believes because as far as he knows she has never cheated.

Proabbly not a healthy way to go about things but whatever works lol

One of the best things you can do in a relationship is make a woman feel that you will always find out the truth no matter what. How you do it depends on what sort of relationship you want. Something I tell my girlfriends is that I always know when someone is lying to me, even if I don't say or do anything at the time. And if I 'catch' her bending the truth about anything I will tease her lightheartedly about how she's a really bad liar and (while I'm looking her in the eyes) I'll smile and say something like 'I can read you like a book'. Warmly, but she gets the drift. It's something you only need to do on rare occasions to keep the frame set.

The way I see it, a woman can always stab you in the back if she wants to. But she doesn't want to do it with a man she respects, who isn't overbearing but who she believes is somehow always going to be aware of everything and able to come out on top of any situation, because that man seems powerful and capable and attractive.

I think it also helps when the way you do it conveys very low effort - telling her you will always know when she's lying is a lot lower effort than making her believe you're putting in all these measures to track her.

The way I see it, the best relationship control is about using occasional opportunities to set frames that linger and influence behavior for a long time afterward. She doesn't need to totally believe those frames, but they have to leave an impression in her mind about you, that establishes you as her point of reference, and makes her feel like by messing around she's letting herself down.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
You call that dread game?

Until she starts habitually looking over her shoulder because she feels like she’s being tailed everywhere and compulsively checking her purse for microphones, it’s still amateur hour.

a good date brings a smile to your lips... and hers