What's new

mrman's Newbie Assignment

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
So, it turns out I was trying to do 4 approaches a day for 30 days, somehow thinking this was the newbie assignment.

Day 1:

So today, I went to the Train Stop, the CVS in the centre, the street, the mini mart. I will count that as 4 places. This is a block from my parent's house.

Saw 1 cute indian coming out of train stop and got in a lexus suv waiting right down the street.

1 woman with dog crossing at the same time as me. She smiled at me. Caught a guy checking her out, she was old for me, but seemed to be a single lady.

1 average woman per train stop pass through (it's conveniently a low key shortcut to avoid the bar that I don't like walking by, especially now that the covid (outdoor) area seems to be permanent. I hope it goes away in the winter. IN general. But this bar doesn't attract any volume of hot girls whatsoever. This is a family neighborhood. And I'm banned from there. And, they haven't had a hot hostess in years and the newbie challenge was not including hired guns (I really liked that rule).

That was it as far as age appropriate women. Not a great area for pickup, but the most convenient spot on foot.

Walking past the bar I saw a somewhat attractive milf type seated at the outdoor area facing the sidewalk checking me out. Then I thought, she can't be a single lady sitting there by herself, can she? Sat on a bench to take some field notes, but didn't look around to see if she had a man.

I'm really glad I did this. I fully realized how much traffic and turnover the train stop must get, and the way it's set up is perfectly low key. I can totally see myself pulling from here. It's as close as it gets.

The CVS is a decent spot if just going on errands, vs the minimart. I usually go to both like this. Never seen an attractive woman at the mini mart. Have seen one many time at CVS, it's good, but a lot of schoolchildren there too, so it's really not a great spot.

You see local college girls heading in this direction on foot, and I've seen them on the street. Not sure where they concentrate, if at all. Maybe they go to the T stop? I talked to one that said she was getting her hair done. But in terms of the street I would say cross over to the side of that street and walk down that way to get the highest traffic as you walk over.

Last edited:
the right date makes getting her back home a piece of cake

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
Now for some crazy person credentials. As per the Mastery article.

Some people would say I'm normal, but I've been to the psych ward 2x . don't need to go on, but those are just my credentials on paper.

TwoNameGame

Space Monkey
space monkey
Have you ever approached 1 woman a day for 4 days? For the sake of learning, explain how it compares to approaching 4 women in one day.

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
Have you ever approached 1 woman a day for 4 days? For the sake of learning, explain how it compares to approaching 4 women in one day.
Yes I believe I have. It feels more targeted and efficient, you get the same amount of hot girls in the end. The other ones tend to be throwaway. You get more chances to gain social momentum on a day with 4 approaches.

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
Day 2:

Field notes
Saw painters painting my neighbors house. They had painters posture. open socially to me

Saw woman jogger, muscly hunched.

male college jogger relaxed body legs not perfectly straight.

kids hunched with backpacks
jogger tense shoulders back and down no one with perfectly straight feet. Right then I saw 3 people with perfectly straight feet (One really hot chick)

Nothing remarkable, CVS cashier I knew was hunched. Most people seemed pretty relaxed.

It was like the good old days when I didn't approach. Had a great time. Just got turned on looking at ass and boobies. But I did notice that most people seemed pretty relaxed. With decent posture. One alpha muscly posture guy was outside this area I don't go talking to a smaller dude with more average posture. They were talking loudly. "Birthday..."

So the plan was, walk to CVS relaxed, In fact I was observing my regular posture but more just trying to keep it my usual walk. Though more emphasis on focusing on the feet. It's like a huge blindspot. I know my feet are flopping out to the side but when they land they're more straight. I could see that today. I have a loss of sensation in my feet from the weed, my doctor told me.

I noticed that after staring at people and then making notes in a notebook I felt an abundance of social freedom, which I felt as a release of some tension in my hands and my arms started to swing wildly. However I noticed that my feet were still tense and yet I could barely feel it. I had to see a reflection in a shop window.

Of course, I keep bitching about the weed, but I also had bad feet and weak legs All through high school before I ever smoked weed.

But I'm having a good time and getting things done, even if I'm not at my optimal brain functioning. Girls really do motivate me to stop.

So the plan was to come back more slowly with good posture, thus fulfilling the 20min requirement.

I did this successfully.

I approached a girl on my slow walk back, I would say the dialogue is not relevant in the day 2 challenge, but after getting rejected I did noticed an interesting pride that was an effect of my posture affecting my brain.

The train station, I forgot to go before with regular posture. So I don't have a comparison in reactions. But I'm going to let it slide, because I can't say there was a concrete difference in how people reacted to me.

I will say though, that in my reflection, just focusing on the fish hook and arched back, that my posture looked better, but not perfect. It was amazing to me because I am in a total different headspace than when I was younger trying this stuff. I think I'm more open-minded now. I'm like, yeah this works I'm just hanging from a giant fish hook. I'm wriggling my back because they didn't fucking specify which way to arch your back. So I'm wriggling like a worm on a hook. I am a worm on a hook trying to get a woman to bite. This makes no logical sense so when they tell you to just do it you have to be open minded and not impose your own ideas on it. like, WTF. It's always like this.

Like the thing where you go past girls, looking at them sideways and behind you, and open over the shoulder. When I read that it made no fucking sense. But actually that was the first thing that happened when I joined the forum. Hector messaged me that. It makes no sense to you when you don't get it, and then you have all these senior guys trying to tell the younger guys, especially harping on this one point, but they just don't get it. It took me forever to try it, I didn't even understand it. It actually happened the first time because my shoes kept untying and it lined up perfectly. Then I understood it and now its like, wtf did you think you were gonna yell at her ass? Hey ass, I thought you were really cute!

However, if you can keep the end goal in mind, there's multiple ways to skin a cat, and I'm sure some naturals could get away with yelling at a girl's ass.

Last edited:

AspiringStoic

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Bro @mrman . Just a tip. You post a lot of stuff. I don't know if its just me but most of the time, its really hard to understand what really is happening in your field reports.

Many a time I cannot tell anything about what you are actually saying to girls, what they are saying to you, are you going for closes etc.

I think generally on this forum if you want to get feedback, you should clear your head and write precise field reports.

What kind of game are you doing? What opener are you using? Are you doing street stops on walking girls, are you opening girls in stores and malls etc. The actual meat of what is going on.

I think then you will have a lot more people responding to you and giving their inputs.

Francis

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Bro @mrman . Just a tip. You post a lot of stuff. I don't know if its just me but most of the time, its really hard to understand what really is happening in your field reports.

Many a time I cannot tell anything about what you are actually saying to girls, what they are saying to you, are you going for closes etc.

I think generally on this forum if you want to get feedback, you should clear your head and write precise field reports.

What kind of game are you doing? What opener are you using? Are you doing street stops on walking girls, are you opening girls in stores and malls etc. The actual meat of what is going on.

I think then you will have a lot more people responding to you and giving their inputs.
Yeah I agree...

Once you hit Day 4, I think you should challenge yourself to ONLY write about the approaches. Once you're done the whole newbie assignment, then go wild on a recap.

Girl 1...

Me: Hi
Her: (fill in the blank)

Girl 2...

At most, include descriptions of each other's non-verbals that are directed at each other (smiles, touch, movement).

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
I approached a girl on my slow walk back, I would say the dialogue is not relevant in the day 2 challenge, but after getting rejected I did noticed an interesting pride that was an effect of my posture affecting my brain.
edited

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
Yeah I agree...

Once you hit Day 4, I think you should challenge yourself to ONLY write about the approaches. Once you're done the whole newbie assignment, then go wild on a recap.

Girl 1...

Girl 2...

At most, include descriptions of each other's non-verbals that are directed at each other (smiles, touch, movement).

I don't want to report on my current game in this journal. I guess I could write this one out in my other journal.

well

Getting out from the mini-mart across from the train station.

I stare at her sitting on a bench, she looks up and we make eye contact, I leave then come back.

Me: "Could I make a painting of you?"

Her: "A painting?"

Me: "Yeah, a painting."

Me: "A painting."

Her: "A painting."

Me: "Precisely."

Her: "Ok, so how long does that take? I have to go blah blah blah."

Me: "Oh I can just do it super quick, it's actually just a sketch."

Her: "Oh ok! how long?..."

Me: "Oh, I'll just do it as fast as I possibly can, like super quick."

Her:

Me: "So I can sit across from you and look at you..."

Her: "Ok!"

Me: "Or I can sit next to you."

Her: "OK!"

I sit down.

Me: "So, where are we going?"

Her: "What do you mean?"

Me: "Where are you going? You said something; I couldn't understand you."

Her: "Oh, I'm going to meet my boyfriend."

Me: "Oh, ok well where are we going?"

Me: "It's supposed to be a nude drawing."

Her: "What?"

Her: "Disgusting,"

Me: "Haha! Just kidding!"

Her: "Disgusting. Disgusting."

She gets up and leaves to get into a car with her boyfriend it looks like.

Me: "Woah, good timing. Phew. That was a close one."

I didn't want to be seen sketching her right there in front of her boyfriend picking her up from the train station.

I've never used that line before and tbh I'm paranoid about posting certain things, but there you go.

I came up with it last night. I call it the Titanic Icebreaker Apocalypse.

Fucking genius.

I shouldn't even be sharing this. We shall see.

Last edited:

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
Yeah I agree...

Girl 1...

Girl 2...

This seems like it would be very hard to remember (even if I wasn't stoned :unsure:) so I'm thinking about recording everything with AI transcription.

TwoNameGame

Space Monkey
space monkey
This seems like it would be very hard to remember (even if I wasn't stoned :unsure:) so I'm thinking about recording everything with AI transcription.
Listening and remembering is a core fundamental of game. If you can't remember what you told a girl a few minutes ago, you're unlikely to pull or keep her.

AspiringStoic

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I don't want to report on my current game in this journal. I guess I could write this one out in my other journal.

well

Getting out from the mini-mart across from the train station.

I stare at her sitting on a bench, she looks up and we make eye contact, I leave then come back.

Me: "Could I make a painting of you?"

Me: "Yeah, a painting."

Me: "A painting."

Her: "A painting."

Me: "Precisely."

Her: "Ok, so how long does that take? I have to go blah blah blah."

Me: "Oh I can just do it super quick, it's actually just a sketch."

Her: "Oh ok! how long?..."

Me: "Oh, I'll just do it as fast as I possibly can, like super quick."

Her:

Me: "So I can sit across from you and look at you..."

Her: "Ok!"

Me: "Or I can sit next to you."

Her: "OK!"

I sit down.

Me: "So, where are we going?"

Me: "Where are you going? You said something; I couldn't understand you."

Her: "Oh, I'm going to meet my boyfriend."

Me: "Oh, ok well where are we going?"

Her: "What?"

Her: "Disgusting,"

Me: "Haha! Just kidding!"

Her: "Disgusting. Disgusting."

She gets up and leaves to get into a car with her boyfriend it looks like.

Me: "Woah, good timing. Phew. That was a close one."

I didn't want to be seen sketching her right there in front of her boyfriend picking her up from the train station.

I've never used that line before and tbh I'm paranoid about posting certain things, but there you go.

I came up with it last night. I call it the Titanic Icebreaker Apocalypse.

Fucking genius.

I shouldn't even be sharing this. We shall see.
Wow you are really thinking of using this nude painting thing like this? At this point in an interaction? I thought you were describing an interaction you had. But then you say I have never used that line before.

This seems like it would be very hard to remember (even if I wasn't stoned :unsure:)
And then this. I don't know man. You plan to still approach being stoned it looks like. I don't think I am qualified to be commenting on anything related to your situation. I don't know if your aim is to date girls or get them to pose nude for paintings. For the latter you can just put an ad out and get models or something. I don't know how many random girls you cold approach would say yes to posing nude before you have established a sexual relationship.

Anyways your situation seems complicated by a lot of things. I wish you the best.

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
Wow you are really thinking of using this nude painting thing like this? At this point in an interaction? I thought you were describing an interaction you had. But then you say I have never used that line before.

And then this. I don't know man. You plan to still approach being stoned it looks like. I don't think I am qualified to be commenting on anything related to your situation. I don't know if your aim is to date girls or get them to pose nude for paintings. For the latter you can just put an ad out and get models or something. I don't know how many random girls you cold approach would say yes to posing nude before you have established a sexual relationship.

Anyways your situation seems complicated by a lot of things. I wish you the best.
Yeah, I tend to get confused like this with my aims. Happens in business too.

I am trying to do the newbie assignment by the book. I am trying to refrain from bringing weed and art projects into the equation, it's actually bordering on unacceptable forum content (ie, complaining about your difficult life). I'm just going to hand in my homework, even if I did it in while I was on drugs, just like in school. Not asking for advice because I already got the advice to do game sober, which I see why that is the suggestion but I'm basically smoking to get to normal state at this point so if I'm capable of handing in the assignment, I would say just for the effort. IDK dude.

Cuz you know they advise to not practice game while you're depressed.

The line is supposed to be almost a euphemism... I presume this could work if you're not a real artist, but it's risky. So asking her straight to a private place for a nude, yes, I am a real artist, but it's implied I'm just trying to fuck her as fast as possible.

I did have this interaction. I'm saying I never before added the aggressive twist where I go, essentially - well it's a nude drawing! Where are we going to go right now do it in private?

It's completely ridiculous, or does anyone think this could work similar to the apocalypse opener?

But I was going to not include it, because... well, it wasn't part of the assignment. I guess in the replies is fine

I am learning so much, including how I have a below average recollection of conversations. Another wrinkle in the explanation of why I struggle with girls...

I suppose the addvice of this forum is to stop smoking. Therefore, I should do that, if I am serious about participating.

Last edited:

Francis

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Ok so the level of that compliance ask is far too high to start with so early in an interaction. You have to ramp up investment slower, like get her to move with you, talk about herself, bounce locations, etc.

You are basically asking her to fuck when she has no trust built with you. If you want to pull like that, you will need to get her really aroused over a longer period of time than 30 seconds post-open, and even then it probably needs plausible deniability (I.e. clothed drawing) unless she has done live nude modeling in her past.

Forget about pulling her when you are just starting the newbie assignment. The goal is opening and gradually learning how to display your interest in her and get her to agree to an instant or future date with you. Only then should you ask for her contact details. Then your focus should be on deep diving her to build comfort.

Until you can just have a normal conversation with a girl, I wouldn't even worry about how to flirt or tease her really. I think you are better off dialing it way back to even risk friend zone territory and just ask her how her day is going, what she's up to, etc... Basic sort of friendly chit chat like you would with an old man working the counter at the hardware store or something. Once you can do that, then troubleshoot flirting and sexual frames.

Also you are offering her a drawing, free art like buying her a drink in exchange for her time. You need her investment in you instead, and I thibk you should achieve that at this stage by simply getting to know her. Put the focus on her to have less consciousness of self.

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
Day 3: Eye Contact

I did do the 10 eye contacts.

It was quite difficult actually at first, I have trained myself to avoid eye contact. Not super stressful, but my instincts were not what they used to be. I feel like normal people snap to whosevers eyes. I've trained myself to not make contact or whip my head around or anything unconsciously.

I didn't wanna stare people down, so it was hard to glance at just the right time, because many people will glance at you, most won't look at you, not many already staring at you.

Did about 19 eye contacts before I stopped counting

Then I was just trying to catch everyone's eyes with my eyes.

a few men looked down smiling like they appreciated getting my attention. one looked down at logo on my shirt but like smiling in almost a mean way.

I looked down from a guy on a bench.

A fancy looking professor I caught glancing down when I tried to glance at him. Lol I'm thinking thte most insane shit, liek lol ... he's ashamed he put so much work into getting college pussy when you can just walk on campus.

Interesting, and probably should have made even more eye contact. It seems like a good thing. However, I'm just going through the motions and not criticizing the assignment one way or the other.

Didn't say hi much. just one girl that seemed like i might approach her. On the way, I was basically not trying to approach anyone. I was walking past the college to the university.

Honestly, I was not able to hold eye contact very long with anyone. I kept forcing eye contact on the way back as well, and by then end, it did stress me out a little. I did end up doing a few approaches on the way back, only doing one on the smaller campus before feeling like an intruder.

The best approach was doing eye contact on the way, but hit a stretch with no people and got really relaxed, and did eye contact to a girl that just naturally turned into an approach, and I was feeling pretty turned on.

Last edited:

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
Day 4: "Hi." In Day 1, you found four (4) places you could go to meet new women. In Day 2, you took posture for a test drive and familiarized yourself with the differences in how you perceive others with good and poor posture and how they react to you once your posture is improved. In Day 3, you played around with eye contact and made yourself hold eye contact.

Now it's time for you to get out there and engage.

Today's assignment is for you to walk up to at least six (6) attractive women whom you do not already know and say "Hi." That's it, just "Hi." You don't have to say more than that, though you feel free to do so if you feel so inclined. The purpose of today's exercise though is just to get you out breaking the ice with new women.

You're not allowed to go home until you've said "Hi" to six (6) or more women, so make sure you do it (or you'll be sleeping on the street).

Did do it. Problem is, I didn't "walk up" to them, I was like, passing by. One was in the water and I walked up.

No conversations ensewed.

I also threw in a lot of extra eye contacts in my 4 locations because last time, I went to a less convenient location that is not what I'm using for the Newbie Challenege

Last edited:

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
A few hi’s I didn’t count, and most were weak. But I basically did 6-8 at least on the first outing.

Said hi to a girl walking on the street that goes to the college. She started taking her earbud out almost like she expected me to spit my usual game but I just said hi and kept walking.

I think I did a weak hi in between here and the indian chick. Can't remember. Ah yes I did one to a hot girl in light purple leggings with a backpack on, on the cut across from the Hi Traffic Sidewalk to the Train Stop. I said Hi but she did not appear to hear me through her headphones. Didn't catch her eye contact.

Haha so I’m sleeping in my bed.

went through my new Hi-Traffic route to pass through the train stop. Said hi to an Indian chick. At that point I felt my balls growing. I felt like I was having a good time.

said hi to one more on the way to the lake… lemme see…. Hmmm... oh I almost said hi at a woman with a dog but I didn't enunciate all the way.

well I got to the lake and said Hi to a woman pushing her breasts above the water.

I could see how this is making sense. I am really digging the noobie assignment.

kept checking out a borderline attractive bikini woman, but, she didn’t pass the threshold, and her mom said hey to me I said hey.

I said hi to a chick coming past me on the way back. Checking out her body, I didn’t catch her eyes and she had headphones on.

Said Hi with a big smile to a woman with some very fine buns, at first, ok, I saw her and let her get away, tempted to yell hi at her ass. Then coming out of the liquor store, she was coming back to her car the exact same time. She went around to the drivers side and I tried to catch her eye and I said Hi.

I'm certainly forgetting one or two... my apologies. I'll go back and edit.

Then after that outing, i was convinced I had at least 6 already, but I still did a few more by accident.

So, I went to take my grandma to a doctor's appointment. I stared at the beautiful nurse dumbly and she said hi and I said hi.

(After that, the doctor was like, enjoy, and I was like what and he repeats enjoy, gesturing out, I turn and see the nurse. lol)

I said hi to a miwf with children running about that I caught checking me out when I went to the grocery store later in the afternoon.

Last edited:

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
Day 5: "How's your day going?" In Day 5, you'll be taking things a bit farther with your ice breakers; today you'll be asking women how their days are going. You must approach six (6) women that you don't already know and say, "Hi. How's your day going?" You don't need to say anything further than that, unless you feel like it. You MUST ask six (6) new women whom you didn't previously know how their days are going, however (and they can't all be hired guns like store clerks or waitresses).

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
Just did 2 first where I accidentally said Hey, how are you doing, instead of hey, how's your day going?

To a girl on a picnic table near CVS.
Me: hi how are you doing?
Her: good.
Boyfriend on the other line of her video chat: what’s going on?

To an attractive young girl at the lake in a bikini, lying facedown on a towel, ass cheeks kissing the hot late summer air.

"Hi. How are you doing?

"Good."

"Do you mind if I sit here?"

"No that’s fine."

later I go…

"Oh I should have brought a towel."

later…

"Hey can I ask you a question."

"Huh"

"Can I ask you a question"

"Ok"

"Could I make a painting of you?"

"Huh?"

"Could I make a painting of you?"

She's looking at my hand which looks tense, but veiny. Not great and I try to flex and she's looking at it.

"Oh.. um... no, sorry."

"No you're good."

then after a swim, an attractive girl in a bikini with her older family members and/or friends. They were talking about how her university, doesn't start till later in Sept.

"Hi. How’s you’re day going?"

"Good."

i say "Hey, what’s up" to the closest old female relative when she turned.
The girl went back to closing her eyes.

I left.

none in my 4 Spots. The lake is good but a bit further away. Need to go back to the train, hi traffic st., cvs then mini mart again. It’s not very high traffic. Let me see if I should do my old pathway again. First just because I have a lot of time.

Last edited:

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
1 more mini mart
Woman in car. Get her to roll down her window. She Says hi first.
I say Hi. How's your day going?
Her: good, how about you?
Me: good
Me: I was just wondering.
Me: Can i ask you a question?
Sure
Could I make a painting of you?
no, thank you!
Alright.

1 more crosswalk hi traffic st. Saw her stop. Didn’t jog across to get her on the pavement. Instead waited and met her in the middle.

hi
Hi
How’s your day going.
Can’t remember her saying hi back but I think she did. I got a bit anxious after passing some couple. Calm down.

Last edited: