What's new

mrman's Newbie Assignment

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
Paradoxically writing this down in public is stressing me out so I remember less.

So I had 3 more to go...
walked all the way down, finally saw a girl in jogging outift with head phones
hi. Hows your day going.
No response

2 girls in a group of joggers at crosswalk on the way back.

Hi. How's youre day going. (to the blonde one)
good, how about you?
Good.
Hi how's your day going. (to the indian one)
good. How about you?
Good...well...I was just walking down to the C-...
Oh, C-?
No, I mean the bar specifically.
Oh.
Yeah I was gonna day drink but maybe I'll go later...You guys wanna get a drink?
Me again: No, OK.

There you go, I did the (6) approaches to the letter, as well as the complete dialogue.

Last edited:

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
Nice job man!
When you say you "do my line", what is it?
Thanks, man.

My pickup line is: "Could I make a painting of you?"

When I say, do my line, I mean, I get her attention maybe say can i ask you a question, drop the bomb (my pickup line). and then explain it and go for the contacts or an instadate.

Last edited:

TwoNameGame

Space Monkey
space monkey
You might want to ease the girl before asking to draw her. Mention that you're an artist and try to talk about that first. Try to compliment her as you draw her to make it a more memorable, flirty experience.

She might take it as a slight insult if she doesn't know your intentions.

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
She might take it as a slight insult if she doesn't know your intentions.
What do you mean?
Day 3: Eye Contact

I did do the 10 eye contacts.

It was quite difficult actually at first, I have trained myself to avoid eye contact. Not super stressful, but my instincts were not what they used to be. I feel like normal people snap to whosevers eyes. I've trained myself to not make contact or whip my head around or anything unconsciously.

I didn't wanna stare people down, so it was hard to glance at just the right time, because many people will glance at you, most won't look at you, not many already staring at you.

Did about 19 eye contacts before I stopped counting

Then I was just trying to catch everyone's eyes with my eyes.

a few men looked down smiling like they appreciated getting my attention. one looked down at logo on my shirt but like smiling in almost a mean way.

I looked down from a guy on a bench.

A fancy looking professor I caught glancing down when I tried to glance at him. Lol I'm thinking thte most insane shit, liek lol ... he's ashamed he put so much work into getting college pussy when you can just walk on campus.

Interesting, and probably should have made even more eye contact. It seems like a good thing. However, I'm just going through the motions and not criticizing the assignment one way or the other.

Didn't say hi much. just one girl that seemed like i might approach her. On the way, I was basically not trying to approach anyone. I was walking past the college to the university.

Honestly, I was not able to hold eye contact very long with anyone. I kept forcing eye contact on the way back as well, and by then end, it did stress me out a little. I did end up doing a few approaches on the way back, only doing one on the smaller campus before feeling like an intruder.

The best approach was doing eye contact on the way, but hit a stretch with no people and got really relaxed, and did eye contact to a girl that just naturally turned into an approach, and I was feeling pretty turned on.

The girl from the close college campus approach. It was a girl on a bench with her laptop. Small, thin, low cut baggy pale jeans with a tight gray tight shortsleeve top, small assets but an attractive petite skinny white bitch with a plainish face.

I'm remembering the dialogue now, so I will type it in

"Hey. Can I ask you a question?"

affirmative, cant remember

"Could I make a painting of you"

the usual confusion

"A painting?"

"A painting. I'm an artist."

~Ok sure,

~what are you doing right now

~oh, im going to a meeting sorry

Long pause.

~i guess i can give you my instagram

~oh i dont have instagram
to be cont...
she ended up taking down my number

maybe fill it out later, it's pretty hazy. Not very important compared to the newbie assignment rn

I want to do it, but my instincts tell me to stick to the newbie assignment, be more cautious with using the same line over and over on campus. As was explicitely advised against

Last edited:

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
Day 6: "Half off" day. It's time for a break from the regimen - but that doesn't mean you get the day completely off! Approaches are still on the table today - but they can be any kinds of approaches you want. You're approaching girls today purely for the heck of it... strike up small talk with women in line, talk to the girl checking you out at the grocery store, chat up the girl waiting in line with you waiting for the bus or the train... you pick the approach. And you can do as many or as few as you like - but DO approach at least ONE (1) girl today.

If you want bonus points - or want to up your learning from today - go out with the express intention of getting rejected three (3) times. Say something ridiculous - ask a girl if she'd like to come home with you immediately after meeting her, or ask her if she thinks Oprah Winfrey is hot. Doesn't matter - just try to get her to blow you out. Why? What this does is it gets you used to rejection - and shows you that even with the hardest rejections, it isn't really all that hard after all.
two Asian girls outside their car outside cvs. Young and cute, one with a nice fat ass and tall the shorter one looks at me.

hi
No response

Go into cvs, nothing. Since that was the requirement the rest were for the heck of it. I walked around and chilled in a secluded spot for a while and ended up swinging by the Train Stop.

Cute blondes coming across the tracks. I say hi. No response.

cute chick on a bench. A little dime piece. Dressed in black in a black t shirt with cleavage, a hostess/bartender going home from work?

I walk past she almost looks like she’s jumpy like she's about to get up to get away from me if I sit down, so I walk past, She's jumpy and I think this is where I said

"Hi."

walk past. look ahead... seeing no benches, I turn back and she's still jumpy and I just mill about for 1 second.

Me:

“Ccouln I ask you a question?”

yeah that’s basically how I talk.

“Can I ask you a question? … Do you mind if I sit here?”

Her: ~that’s fine

I sit down and accidentally drop my cigarette. I put it out with my shoe. Pull out my pack of Marlboro lights.

hey do you mind if I smoke?

no that’s fine

Hey do you smoke

Eh yeah sometimes

Want one?

yeah Thanks

Here you go

Can I get your lighter

“oh yeah here

oh Im a gentleman I should light it for
You

oh I’m a gentleman Im supposed to light it for you

you’re supposed to puff it.”

Me again: “Headed anywhere interesting?”

her: “No.”

Barely got the line out. Did I say, ‘oh nice’ in response?

Me again: “Can I ask you a question?… Could I um…

Could… I … make a painting of you?”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m an artist”

“oh ok”

“im an artist like a painting.”

~?~Ding train arriving

Me: “Oh [name of last stop]… oh I don’t know. Oh I don’t know if I wanna go there.”
we get up together I stick with her right there waiting for the doors to open.

Me: “I’m looking for an apartment.”

“uh huh?”

“Yeah well a studio”

“oh shit”
The doors aren’t opening and she runs to the front of the train. I walk slowly behind her admiring her cute little fat ass.

I get to the train conductor. Check my back pocket. Empty.

She is sitting there near the conductor and I say into the train

“TOO BAKED.”

Last edited:

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
Day 7: Genuine interest. Before today's exercise, read the following articles:

The direct or compliment opener may well be the most powerful form of opener out there... and while it probably feels intimidating at first, if you think of it as nothing more than paying a real, genuine compliment to a pretty girl (which is really all it is), it's not really all that huge of a deal.

What makes direct openers so great is that they communicate interest in and approval of a girl right away... no dancing around with her wondering what you're after. Which will make some women be polite but uninterested - they're flattered for the compliment, but you're not their type. And that's fine. Because the women we're interested in are the other women - and those women will be more than pleased to accept your compliment. In fact, you'll find them beaming - and far warmer and far more receptive to you than they would've been had you used something more innocuous.

Follow up your compliment with introducing yourself ("I'm Hank") and holding out your hand immediately, so she doesn't have to fish around for what to say, and after that you can decide if you want to tell her you simply had to pay her that compliment, and bid her adieu, or if you want to stick around a little longer and see if you can get a phone number or more.

Try this with four (4) women today.

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
Newbie day 7

Chick with earbuds in. black and white striped dress.

Hey I like your dress.

Slim fit older woman in dress and Nikes across the street.

hi, hi. hey. Hey I like your sneakers

Thanks, yeah these are almost 17 years old

almost 17? Oh I cant see can i come over

yeah sure are you into sneakers

Yeah im in the market. mine are really old. oh nice what brand are those oh. nike. I couldn't see. I'm blind. The logo blends in.

~ok good luck finding new sneakers!

Ok I did it. Two girls a blonde a chunky but cute brunette. wearing standard college girl outifts, but not exactly the same. I'm walking past the college.

Hey I like your guys matching outfit. Heehee!

Heh (I think one girl sorta chuckled)

On the way back. to a jogger, but she wasn't that attractive, I approached just for the heck of it:

Could I make a painting of you?

No, thank you.

Last edited:

TwoNameGame

Space Monkey
space monkey
What do you mean?
Going up to a girl and asking to draw her means you find her distinct. If your intentions aren't clear, it may come across as patronizing. Maybe you think she looks weird or something.

Also, good job avoiding the same lime on campus.

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
Day 8: Sitting down approach. Your exercise today is going to be approaching girls who are sitting down, as discussed in this article: "Approaching Girls Sitting Down." Don't worry about the conversation side of things - all you'll be focused on this go-round is getting the approach in.

You've only got to do two (2) today - I know sometimes it's hard to find girls who are sitting down, and this one can be a bit more intimidating, so we're going to let you off a little easier. But you MUST do those two - whether you want to do two "Sudden Notice" approaches, or two "Sit and Open" approaches, or even one of each, is not important - the only important thing is getting these opens under your belt.

Extra credit: if you're up for a challenge, see if you can get each of these interactions to last 5 minutes before you either ask for a phone number or excuse yourself.

OK, I went out without reading the article. So the two approaches I did were "sudden notice- then do something else for a bit, then come back and go right up."

i just read the article so maybe I'll go out again.

OK so I went to the lake so that's not one my 4 locations, so I may have to do this properly and go out again.

I went down to the lake. There's like a little beach with a quite high ledge, so I was literally surprised by the girl in the bikini lying there when I walked by. I was surprised and I could've done it then. Well I went and sat on a bench. Saw a girl on another bench. After a while, i got up and walked over to the one on the bench, she turned and i said hi and walked past, looked at a few things, and turned back and went up to her.

Hey can i ask you a really random question

yeah

could i make a painting of you

no, thanks

alright. what are you up to right now.

oh I'm studying for an exam

oh are you really busy

yeah. have a nice day!

oh, what are you studying. Ok, have a nice day.

Then I walked over to the bikini girl.

Hi. Can i a-... could i make a painting of you?

Um, I'm about to leave

Oh, I mean i was about to leave too... i mean... let me give you my Instagram.

Oh, I don't know if I feel comfortable with that. Sorry.

You're good...

Then for the heck of it I yelled across the street at another girl leaving to her car.

Hi! Can I ask you a really random question?

Sure.

Could I make a painting of you?

Huh?

I run across the street.

i think I go, "I'm an artist. i can see that you're about leave, so real quick, I'm leaving too.

blah blah let me give you my Instagram she agreed. i gave her my Instagram handle

Me: oh, i was gonna have you put it into my phone. Oh well, now you can creep on me.

Her: heh...

On the way back. girl walking dog in leggings.

Could I ask you a really random question... could i make a painting of you? She agrees
blah blah cant remember rn...gave her my Instagram...then
what your name
L
I toled her i live here
she said she works here, and she was takign her dog to the groomer or maybe she was a groomer.
"oh what's your dogs name"
"cash"
"Nice"
"nice to meet you"
"nice to meet you"
... i regret approaching her, she wasn't really hot.

Last edited:
a good date brings a smile to your lips... and hers

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
Day 9: On the move. Another specialty day, you're aiming squarely at talking to girls on mass transit today. That's planes, trains, and buses - wherever you find yourself with mass transit, this works. (If you're in a small town with NO mass transit options, you're off the hook for today - you get another half day off as in Day 6, but you MUST still approach at least one (1) new woman - and no getting off the hook if you have mass transit but just don't use it that much - today, you will be using it)

You'll be following the guidelines set forth in "Meeting Women on Buses, Trains, and Airplanes"; it's easiest striking up conversation while waiting to board, with nothing to do... striking up a new conversation on the bus or train (or airplane) is certainly doable, but it's a bit trickier. Ask her if she's going anywhere exciting, and get into a conversation that lasts for at least two (2) minutes - and hopefully more. You must do this with two (2) girls - and if you can't find them, or you miss some chances, you have no choice but to continue riding around the subway or the bus circuit until you've done your pair of approaches.

OK, I got this done right away, I went past 2 attractive girls, a skinny cute blonde and an curly-haired brunette butterface showing off her ass in some cool blue trackpants, to get the actual ticket to actually get on the train this time. They saw me looking and I think the brunnete turned her head. Then I walked back and say
Me: "Hi"
Blonde: hi
Me: "How is your guys's day going?"
Them: good
Me: "Are you guys going anywhere exciting?"
blonde said no, just the city
oh (silence for a good bit and I'm standing far away thinking I just completed the newbie challenge.)
Me: "can i ask you guys a question?"
Thicc Bitch: "Sure"
Could I make a painting of you guys?
(Hesistation from the thicc girl. Bonde answers)
yeah!
Cool let me get ur instagram blah blah theyre foreign travlers (Aussie), dont have insta, number or service.
OK lemme give you my number.
Ok I'll take your number down. (blonde)

I walk over.
"Can i sit down here for a sec."
She moves her coffee tho there's plenty of room.

I sit down next to the blonde, and give her my number.
Blonde is like entering the phone into her notes I can see (rude of me)
She's like "oh, I don't any DATA, there's no connection..."

Start talking, she asks me if i grew up here and did i go to this highschool and she says she went to the highschool here for a year. She's a world traveler right now her mom lives here or something.

I need to focus on them more. I just get confused when ppl are saying stuff.

blah blah I ask if she thought i was in HS. I said I feel like I'm in HS.

Me: "Oh I thought I you said 'DO you go to [blank] high school."

Her: "no i definitely didn't think you were in highschool"

So finally I say, after a lull, "So...are you guys down to pose for me later today," and the blonde rather enthusiastically says yes.

"I'll have to text you later when I get service because there's no CONNECTION.." at that point it almost sounded like she was saying to her friend there's no connection with this guy. The train is arriving and then the brunette says nice to meet you.

The train comes, I'm like I'm going on here too, the thicc brunette says nice to meet you! again, i say nice to meet you but its not awkward since I go to the front to pay. They didn't go to the front. I haven't used the train in a while and I'm a bit confused. I guess they bought the pass. right.

Anyway, I had a really great time with this assignment and I realized how easy it is to hop on the train to the jogging area that I like to go to, if I don't feel like walking all the way down Hi-Traffic St.

Anyway I did that sober, so good for me.

To top it off, I think the conversation was pretty long. Maybe not 5 minutes. In the casual sense, yeah it was like a 3-5 min convo. I wanted to time one but I kept forgetting. Well, that was nice, getting the assignment done in one shot.

Its nice out so Im gonna go out again and fill this out later

problem is i gave them my phone number and i dont have my phone. IDK if i can check it online. oh well its just for practice.

then I did approached for the heck of it the rest of the day, got like 5 insta's but not a high quality of girls here. I need to go to the college campus, and go at the prime time, instead of in the morning.

Last edited:

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
You gave her your number and didn't take hers??

Thanks for the feedback.

no... I just didn't think of it for some reason! smh...also... I don't want a bunch of girls numbers on the home phone or my grandmas phone but it could be done in a pinch... smh... at least I'm getting practice...need to work on getting mine back, which is only happening if I'm sober

OH yeah, I asked them for "your number" generically to both, sort of looking back and forth. (I tend to go up to a lot of 2 sets where I find them both legitimately equally attractive, and also, I want to make a painting of both of them anyways. If I had to choose I'd only date the blonde, because she's pretty, but I love a thicc bitch.)
The brunette said, "oh I only have a swiss number blah blah"
And the blonde jumped in "OH let me take your number, she doesn't even have her phone. blah blah"

This seemed like a situation where I could have the threesome with them but connection was with the blonde. Getting head of myself, but that just reminded me a snippet of dialogue.

Blonde says let me enter this into my contacts.
Blonde is like entering the phone into her notes I can see (rude of me)
She's like "oh, I don't any DATA, there's no connection..."
later..
"I'll have to text you later when I get service because there's no CONNECTION.." at that point it almost sounded like she was saying to her friend theirs no connection with this guy. and then the brunette says nice to meet you.

When I find my phone, we shall see if she did end up messaging me.

Last edited:

mrman

Space Monkey
space monkey
Day 10: "Are you single?" It's time for something a little more meaty. For Day 10, you'll be asking women if they're single. You can read the post on this here: "Are You Single? Why to Always Ask Girls This."

You must approach and ask at least four (4) women if they're single. You don't need to hang around and get into a conversation after they answer you; you can respond with, "Okay thanks; just curious," if you don't know what else to say. But make sure you ask four (4) women this.

This exercise helps get you familiar with talking to women about their dating and relationship lives right off the bat, so you aren't tiptoeing around your reasons for talking to them like many new guys do (women don't like it when guys do that, so we want to break you of that habit early on).
Did like 7 of these. All said no.

Last edited: