What's new

Thoughts on Dan Bilzerian's The Set-up

assman93

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Recently, I read the book The Set-up by Dan Bilzerian. The book is a memoir recounting the life of Dan Bilzerian, the man who became known as the “King of Instagram” for his social media documenting a life of partying, guns, and scantily clad women. Dan recounts his troubled childhood, how he made fuck you money playing poker, and eventually became the modern day Hugh Hefner hosting lavish parties in Los Angeles and Las Vegas. Throughout, Dan emphasizes the importance of “set-up”, essentially engineering your social situation to rig the game in your favour.

One thing I liked about this book is it demystifies hot girls through exposing their dirty laundry. Comedian Louis CK once joked that seeing the hot girl at the bar he used to think “wow, she’s an angel, what can I ever say to make her like me”, which speaks to how a lot of guys naively romanticize women. Among other stories in the book, Dan recounts how he banged a Persian Penelope Cruz lookalike with bigger tits. When the girl subsequently threw Dan’s cell off the balcony for not inviting her friend back to his place too, Dan throws her purse, thong, and other items off the balcony and kicks her out butt naked to go fetch them. The point is through stories like this Dan’s book helps guys to take the pussy off the proverbial pedestal by giving them a sneak peek into the life of a guy who expendably bangs these types of glorified girls.

My one criticism is that while the notion of “set-up” is valid, as someone born into money Dan has a massive advantage that means achieving similar results will be beyond the reach of almost all guys. Leftists decry the economic 1% or 0.1%, but Dan is moreover part of the sexual 0.1% as a celebrity with connections to Hollywood and enough money to rent multi-million dollar mansions from which to host parties that feeds him a stream of hot girls chasing clout. The level of results Dan gets are for the most part not replicable, which boils down to the immoral mathematics of life.

Still, I think it’s largely good advice to think in terms of “set-up”. Though the concept of cold approach is treated with reverence in the seduction community, in interviews promoting the book Dan has rightly criticized approaching girls randomly as forcing girls to make a binary choice where “No” or “I have a boyfriend” is usually the automatic response. Whether your goal is to get an ideal girlfriend or more lays, working to create a social situation where pre-selection works in your favour is often a better use of one’s time than hitting on girls in a social vacuum. As Dan rightly points out, life is all about set-up.

Last edited:

Francis

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Relevant post from Chase:

Honestly though, how can a known celebrity ever know if his girl is with him for the raw sexual attraction? I would probably stick to girls who have no idea who I am and not show them my wealth until we've fucked several times.

If I was a woman IG model, I would also fuck Dan in two seconds at his party as my LTR strategy in hopes of becoming a millionaire and/or get a status boost so other millionaires know who I am for when I move on.

I think set-up is present in all game though. Do you approach near a college, or on the outskirts of town?

But if Dan is with an unknown buddy on vacation somewhere that girls don't know him, just strolling on the beach... Say his buddy is skilled at cold approach. Who's the real ladies man? What if there is no cell service for him to load up his Instagram and show her his yacht?

Then again, I am of the mind that even if you have a live-in devoted housewife who is a stay at home mom to your children... If you are not her top sexual mate preference and are simply the best one who would provide for her after she failed to lock down a few skilled seducers... You're still paying for pussy.

a good date brings a smile to your lips... and hers

assman93

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
But if Dan is with an unknown buddy on vacation somewhere that girls don't know him, just strolling on the beach... Say his buddy is skilled at cold approach. Who's the real ladies man? What if there is no cell service for him to load up his Instagram and show her his yacht?
@Francis Dan apparently approached a little in malls when he was younger. However, when it came time to shoot a scene in a movie where he picks up Cameron Diaz at a bar, Dan apparently had no idea what to do. When he meets women in an environment where he has massive pre-selection though, Dan is able to take girls to bed pretty effortlessly.