What's new

Fear of other people

JonnyMaddox

Space Monkey
space monkey
Try doing the newbie challenge. My first step was just saying hi to people. Was hard enough at that point, but much easier than a full approach.
The problem with this is, that I'am kind of over this stage. A few years ago, like 7 years, i did a few approaches every now and then. But it was always women that walked alone with no people around. So very low number of contacts and I became demotivated. Today there's still this problem of the fear of what other people think. The difference is I don't like following them around anymore. I was always walking or, if short distance, running creepily behind the women to come near her and then approach her. I don't do this anymore. I think it's inappropriate and silly. I want to do it more naturally. If I'am really honest, I have fear of people or the woman calling me too old. I'am 36 (but at least some people told me I look much younger). Ok i could only approach women of my age, but that will shrink the numbers a lot. I mean of course I don't approach girls that are 18 or so anymore, or at least only indirect or something (like the one girl at the bus station).

But maybe I could start doing this "saying hi" thing when people are around or the women is near me in the city. I could try that actually. But I hope it wont destroy my earlier ability of talking to them. I had no problems approaching them alone.

Well. Still I don't know. Often I just dont concentrate and my mind is full of thoughts. Man, i have to do this, i have to force myself doing it to actually improve.

I hope it's ok that I write all this stuff here, even if only a few people comment. I just me to write my experiences down somewhere.

the right date makes getting her back home a piece of cake

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I believe the appropriate thing for the forum would be to start a journal. When I started posting here it was a bit similar like you did, I wrote an outing report (about failing to approach haha), then got some feedback, and it turned into a journal so an admin moved it into the journals board at some point.

As for approaching, if you've done it but it's long ago then you're probably a bit rusty. Maybe say hi once or twice as a warmup, and then when you feel ready you can do a more elaborate approach. But anyway, these are only suggestions. Whatever works best for you.

And regarding age, well I turned 50 a few months ago so there you go. I approach women of all ages but honestly, I prefer them in their 20s and 30s. Some early-20s girls have responded quite well so far! Though I'm still a beginner. I had a lot of approach anxiety but it's getting better.