What's new

Sunshine Journal

JT Sunshine

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Wow, "fuck off" is pretty harsh indeed. Kudos for laughing it off and not being fazed! It's true, you never know what kind of day the girl was having.

Just curious, what did you open her with? Been ages since I did some night game.

I opened with “Hi, how’s it going?” Well, I found out how it was going, apparently 😂

Perhaps her boyfriend had just broken up with her, or her phone got stolen, or she really really hated the color blue I was wearing.

I was actually left dumbfounded for a second. I certainly do get ignored from time to time, but nothing like that! I guess it makes for a good story on an otherwise fairly boring night

ZenRising

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
That's intense! A few days ago I tried to approach a gil down by the beach and she just put a hand up to my face (like 'talk to the hand'') barked 'no!' and walked right past me... ho hum :LOL:

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
When girls ignore me I like to think, who knows what other weirdos tried to approache them before it was my turn.

@ZenRising you're in Barcelona if I remember correctly? I know that beach very well. Even as a guy you can get approached there literally every 5 minutes, by vendors, massage ladies (all of them ugly), and other creeps. Made me want to put up a big wall of "No"s arround me :ROFLMAO:

JT Sunshine

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
@ZenRising that’s harsh 😂 barked is a great description, similar to what I encountered

@gameboy I got to watch a lot of weirdos approaching girls tonight, and it makes complete sense why some of them are shields-up! Some guys have no tact and could probably benefit from a few of the articles on here haha

JT Sunshine

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Another somewhat successful night in the books!

It began with the familiar story - I’m exhausted from work, left the house later than I wanted to, not in a social mood at all. Still, got to the party district earlier than yesterday, found parking relatively quick, and I consciously walked tall and confident.

Made four approaches tonight, no kisses or numbers, but I stretched the hell out of my comfort zone and learned a ton.

The original plan was to check out the new venue in town, but as the weather today was *finally* perfect I decided it would be a great night to go to saloon bar. Giant rooftop patio, live music for a change, and I knew there would be an insane amount of lovely women there. Also, this place has proved to be the hardest/most approach-anxiety-inducing venue I’ve ever been to, and it was time to slay the dragon.

My first approach was actually outside the bar waiting at a stoplight. A group of guys and girls (although the guys appeared gay, which made it somewhat less intimidating) were standing next to me. Went with a simple “hi” once I made eye contact with one girl, who immediately told me I looked like a famous actor. I get it from time to time. Told her I’d take that as a compliment, then put my arm on her shoulder and said “make sure to check out my next movie in theaters this Friday” to which I got a laugh from the group. They turned left, I went straight.

Next “approach” was in the venue - a cute, short brunette. She was walking opposite direction as me. We made eye contact and I smiled and said “hi”. She said hi back and gave my arm a little squeeze, but kept walking with her friends.

From here it gets more interesting…

There is a group of six girls near me on the patio (it’s PACKED to the gills), and one is dancing terribly. I look at her with a coy smile and say “I like your moves”. She says “give me your best dance move”… might as well kill me now, I can’t dance to save my life. I shake my body a little bit and tell say “I’m basically a professional dancer, can’t you tell?” she laughs a bit, at this point a couple of her friends have turned to us to see what’s going on, so I say hi to them. We all talk a bit, find out one of them is visiting from Europe and met the others when on an exchange-student program. We name exchange, then the original girl asks her other friend what her best dance move is.

This other friend was jaw-droppingly gorgeous. Perfect teeth, beautiful long brown hair, and oozing confidence. This is the type of girl I want. She looks at her friend, then looks at me, and I looked in her eyes and gave her an expression of “give it a go!” It’s crazy how much can be communicated non-verbally. She busted out a little dance move, with her whole body, so sensual, then flipped her hair back and knocked her friend’s phone clear out of her hand. She looked shocked, and I could not stop laughing.

I said to her “you automatically win the contest”. We bantered for a bit, then I moved her away from the group ever so slightly so we could talk one-on-one. We asked my name, told me she was there for multiple birthday parties, we talked for a few minutes then she told me I looked like a *different* famous actor. My outfit and confidence must have been on point tonight! She was definitely the sober one of the group, but her drunk friends kept pulling her away, and she kept coming back to talk to me. Occasionally they would talk to me too. However after about the third interruption she got fully engaged in that conversation and I found myself just standing there awkwardly.

I went up to her, put my arm around her and said “Lexi, I’m going back inside, but it was so nice meeting you. I hope I see you again later”. I figured I could reopen her as the night was still somewhat young. However, this plan always fails me, as I never saw her again. Should have gone for the fucking number… I bet she would have given it to me. She was wife material, and I kinda blew it. Lesson learned.

Next approach was a group of three, and by now I’m feeling the “saloon” vibe, so I open with a simple “howdy” 🤠 this group has a strange dynamic - two of them were in their early 20s and one must have been late 30s, all dressed very differently. The older one asked if I was a swinger because I had pineapples on my shirt. Her friend started arguing with her saying it was flamingoes that meant swinger, not pineapples. I played along with it and we had a fun conversation, but the quiet friend was the cutest one, so I turned to her and we started talking about breakfast food. Super random. We joked about how hot and sweaty it was inside and how some of the other patrons didn’t smell so great. Then of them got a phone call and they all left.

Takeaways from tonight:

I finally approached groups of attractive women at the saloon bar, and had fun! While I am proud of myself for doing it, the group dynamic is a whole new ballgame, and it is going to take a lot of work to get good at it.

The good news is I will have endless opportunities to practice this summer. I’ve found a gold mine of hot women. The bad news is that groups of girls seem far more energetic and distracted than the solo girls I usually approach, and I will really need to solidify my game to get results. In hindsight, I should have asked more interesting questions, made bolder statements, and worked to isolate the girl I was interested in.

Also, I’m learning that my approach anxiety does not go away, even after a successful approach. There were a dozen other opportunities I didn’t go for because I got in my head and froze up. I am going to have to fight through this, and dammit I will win. I’ve gotten over most of my fears in life, and even if this one never goes away, I must force myself to deal with it and push through.

Hoping I have the energy to go out and do some daytime approaches tomorrow. Bed is calling my name…

Cheers,
JT

Casanova Newhouse

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Love your determined, self-aware style.

Sounds like you had more fun than if you'd of been out with your boys. Inspiring. I've got to go out and build my own adventures. I have always struggled with groups (I've struggled with solo, too, who am I kidding).

JT Sunshine

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
May Recap

Since March, I've been keeping on with my spreadsheet to track different metrics of my interactions so I can compare them month to month. Since it's another nasty, rainy day today, what better time than now to review my stats and set some new goals.

The Stats:

- Approaches: 17 (down from 21 in April)
- Average “looks” rating: 7.2 (ranging from 6-9) (down slightly from 7.3 in April)
- Reactions: 3 very positive, 9 positive, 2 neutral, 2 ignores, one very negative (LOL) (we call this the "J curve". Reaction results dipping slightly before they hopefully skyrocket)
- Of the 8s and above, 83% reacted positively to the open (down slightly from 89% in April)
- I was the one who ended the interaction 3 times (I am ending the interactions even less, which means I am pushing even further, which is GOOD)
- Of the total girls opened, all were initially by themselves except two (opening groups will be a main focus in June, always a big sticking point of mine and I went a little backwards)
- Blondes made up 24% of my opens, brunettes 35%, black hair 35% and one with orange hair. (I'm still diversifying lol)
- 47% of my opens appeared to be in the 21-25 year old age range, with the youngest being 21-25 and the oldest being 36-40 (skewed a bit older this month... not sure why)
- My best interaction opened with me saying a simple "hi!" and ended up with a same-night pull/lay (two hours meet to sex).
- Two numbers, two kisses from those numbers, one lay. (up from last month for sure!)

Realizations/Sticking Points:

May was a great improvement from April in terms of results. I got my first lay since getting back in the game! Definitely fell way short on my goal of 50 approaches. Partly because of work, partly because I spent far more time in my interactions - but no excuses. I need to manage my time better in June and increase my volume of approaches.

I continue to stay in my interactions longer and not eject as soon/often. But I'm failing to hook in some cases, and still not going for the number/kiss when I know I could be. This will be another big focus point of mine in June. Show more intent, go for what I want.

One of my May goals was to do more daytime approaches. 35% of my approaches were during the day, which was a slight increase. Again, the rain has been endless and killing a lot of my motivation to go out in the day. But no excuses - I need to find indoor places to do this that preferably aren't malls. I'll find them. And the weather has to get better at some point!

Learning Moment:

"Moving" the girl, whether it be to get a drink, another area of the venue, or even to meet her friends has been an aspect of every successful interaction. I need to be doing this every time. As I practice more this should become more automatic, and less of an accident or something I have to consciously remind myself to do.

For June:

My main goals for June are:

- Approach at least one woman every day. No excuses, and no sleep until I do. I'm already at 5 this month and it's only June 2nd. Momentum, momentum, momentum!
- Compliment at least ten women during the day
- Ask for the phone number instead of ejecting, regardless of my perceived outcome
- Open more groups at night and get isolation with the girl I am interested in
- Go on two dates
- Get another lay

I honestly can't believe it's only been 90 days since I started on this journey again. I'm actually kind of killing it! Yall have been extremely helpful and motivational, and I can't thank everyone I've talked to on this forum enough. Here's to a great June!

JT

JT Sunshine

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Love your determined, self-aware style.

Sounds like you had more fun than if you'd of been out with your boys. Inspiring. I've got to go out and build my own adventures. I have always struggled with groups (I've struggled with solo, too, who am I kidding).
I love hanging out with the boys, but I find that we usually spend the whole time talking to each other and never any women :ROFLMAO: it can be downright terrifying to go out to big events solo, but you sure do learn a lot about yourself.

JT Sunshine

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Made two small daytime approaches, one yesterday and one today. Holding myself to it that I talk to a strange new woman every day this month. Neither were great by any means but I feel good for doing them.

Work continues to be brutally long, so I’m making a point of going for walks before and on my lunch break when I can. Yesterday on my before work walk I saw a girl raking up leaves into a wagon of some sort. Short blonde, about my age, slightly chunky but with a very cute face. As I walked by (mind you she was bent over at this point) I said “thank you for reminding me”. She looked up at me slightly confused. I continued with a smile “that I really need to go home and do that too, cause my yard is a whole mess”. She laughed and we talked about the woes of having lots of trees. Saw the large diamond on her ring finger, so I didn’t take it any further.

Today on my lunch break I thought I was doomed to fail, as there was NO ONE walking around. With half a block left I see a very cute brunette girl turn the corner walking a little puppy. I slowed down, made eye contact with a smile and said “your puppy is really cute”. She didn’t stop walking, but gave me a big smile back and said “omg thank you!”

In hindsight, I should have followed this up with “you’re really cute too” 😂 think I am going to try that one out next time

JT Sunshine

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Keeping this short and sweet, as I have to wake up in 6 hours, but what a weird week.

So far have stayed afloat with my “minimum one approach a day” routine. Three days ago was rough, one hour break and NO hotties on my walk. I soft-approached two women who were much older than me and had some nice small talk.

Yesterday I tried approaching two hotties who were walking opposite direction as me. Both ignored me. I need to get bolder and just make it my goal to make them stop, rather than hoping they do.

Today saw a very cute girl walking *in front of my house* (how nice is that?) while I was talking to a neighbor, so I said “hi, I really love the purple of your shirt”. She gave me a big thank you, and we had a very short but pleasant conversation. I have to get out to some more populated areas and give compliments. That one opened better than any others this week.

Brunette from my LR has been texting me nonstop. She was at a concert tonight and begged me to get a drink with her after. Said I’d be home before one. It’s 3am…

I can safely say I have no interest in seeing this girl again. For those of you who’ve seen “wedding crashers”, this one is a stage 5 clinger. However, had some great learning moments as I analyzed the night on my drive home from her apartment, and want to jot them down before I forget.

Social proof is gold. So I show up to the bar and apparently brunette was there waiting for me for 30 mins, telling a few random (and VERY hot) girls all about me. Once I showed up these girls kept coming over asking if was “the guy she was waiting for” and pretty soon I was surrounded by girls talking to me. And these girls look like they’d been peeled off a magazine cover. And we were shooting the shit like we’d known each other forever. Had brunette gone to the bathroom I may have quick taken their numbers and dipped! One said “are you her boyfriend?” And I said “no we just met here last week”. She may have told them we were dating. Too much, too fast, not at all what I want.

She was stoned out of her mind and couldn’t pay for the $14 chicken wings she ordered. I reluctantly paid, and this was the moment I knew I would never be seeing her after tonight. I am a very kind hearted person, and I don’t think she solely wanted to use me for chicken wing money, but she knew she couldn’t pay when she ordered the wings (before I showed up) and she knows I have a good job… and I just can’t stand that shit.

Decided I would bounce her back to her place as quick as possible, do the nasty, then leave.

Went back to her place and had some absolutely dynamite sex. What they say about the crazy ones is true! However on the drive there as well as before the sex she couldn’t stop talking about how fate brought us together and that I am the most amazing guy she’s ever met in her whole life, how she’s waited years to find me, and even as we were f*cking she said “I want you to tell me your feelings about me”

She begged me to sleep over, begged to come back to my place, tried every excuse in the book to get me not to leave… but I left. Apparently didn’t make her that mad as she just texted me a novel. Be careful out here boys, the water is hot!

Realiziations:

I would have been way more interested if she actually made me work for it *at all*. She did on the first night with some LMR. Is that a girl's version of gaming?? Anyways, I can’t fall into the trap of making things too easy for anyone

Her incessant comments about how amazing and perfect I was and how fate brought us together when I hooked up with her at 2am after the club was off-putting. Had she been chill about it, invited me over to watch a movie and let things happen, I’d probably be super hyped on her. I can’t fall into the trap of being overly eager

I need to start going for it with girls who I feel are “out of my league” attractive, not just super cute. Because no way they’re going to fall for me this hard and this fast… right? 😅 I played it safe and now I’m thinking more about an exit strategy.

Cheers!
JT

the right date makes getting her back home a piece of cake

JT Sunshine

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Went out tonight, nothing to report other than I may have unlocked a new type of approach anxiety - the fear of actually succeeding and ending up getting 30 long text messages throughout the course of the day (yes, I counted.) I may be slightly traumatized 😂

I think I need some shock therapy… and my plan is to do just that tomorrow night.

I have a huge day of work tomorrow afternoon and the potential to lock down a couple new clients who could make me some serious money this summer. So I made myself a promise I would stay stone cold sober at the bar tonight and leave very early as I’m exhausted from yesterday. I made good on my promise, and having that in the back of my mind really didn’t put me in the mood to try. It’s okay, I think I needed a “night off” to sip on some lemonade and just observe. First day of this month that I haven’t approached, but won’t beat myself up.

Saloon bar has the craziest concentration of attractive women I have ever seen in my life. And very few guys there doing much about it - all staring at their phones, bumming around. And the ones talking were drunk out of their skulls. If I could just let go of whatever this last little thing holding me back is, I could probably have the time of my life.

Tomorrow is the day. I am going there early, rested, energized, and with the full intention of talking to every single group of women in that place. I am going to get good at this. Nothing can stop me but myself, and dammit JT, I will not let me do that! I have the skills, I know the theory, and I’m sick of wishing I was good at putting it into practice. I’ve never let anyone but myself talk me out of something, and that ends now.

alexlaguma

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Good work bro. I admire your enthusiasm. I'm now in a position where I have a lot more free time on my hands over the next few weeks, so I'm going to try and do multiple approaches each day also.

Your story about the clinger made me actually LOL. It is not a bad problem to have. You obviously did a good job in bed for her to be acting that way. But yeh I think you definitely need an exit strategy from that situation.

JT Sunshine

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Good work bro. I admire your enthusiasm. I'm now in a position where I have a lot more free time on my hands over the next few weeks, so I'm going to try and do multiple approaches each day also.

Your story about the clinger made me actually LOL. It is not a bad problem to have. You obviously did a good job in bed for her to be acting that way. But yeh I think you definitely need an exit strategy from that situation.

For sure a quality problem, but I don’t want her randomly showing up at my work and I wouldn’t put it past her at this point lol will absolutely not be hanging out with her again, but makes for a good story, ha!

I’ve definitely got this game figured out in the bedroom. It’s the whole process of getting women there that is proving to be the challenge 😅 if I could just get better at that I’ll be golden

JT Sunshine

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Interesting night to say the least…

THE GOAL: show up early, rested, ready to socialize

THE REALITY: showed up late, exhausted, ready to go right back home

Can’t say I started on a high note. Had a flirty interaction with the bartender while ordering my first water, but missed opportunities to my left and right with groups of very cute girls. The approach anxiety was strong. I am realizing no amount of “progressive desensitization” will ever make it go away. I am stuck with this paralyzing fear of talking to women. Admitting it is the first step 😂

Got opened by a couple of drunk guys. They were actually pretty funny and really lifted my mood. One of them told me that I should wear sandals to the bar, because no one else ever does, and it’s a great conversation starter with the ladies. Was nice to shoot the shit with them.

Decided to walk through the crowded area in hopes I could catch some positive attention. Said hi to a very cute blonde in a tiny little dress. She gave me a little nod then turned back to her friends. Damn.

Told another girl that her black hair looked very cute on her. She said “WHAT?” I repeated myself and she said to me “I don’t think you realize that you mumble your words”. Do I mumble? Am I not loud enough in this crazy, chaotic environment?? New goal = talk louder.

It was getting late, and decided I’d try my luck at Legacy. I had to pee from all the water I had been chugging. A very cute brunette with curly hair was standing outside the men’s bathroom. I asked her with a cheeky smile “are you in line?” Her eyes brightened up when she looked at me, but she responded with “no” then moved to let me through. I don’t think she realized I was joking 🙃

Out on the patio I hung out myself a bit to survey the surroundings. Lots of couples, lots of guys, and two dolled up tiny little Asian girls at the bar. Can we guess where I decided to go?

I slid in next to them, and made sure to bump into one a bit, then acted like I didn’t notice. They ordered shots, one got brandy the other vodka. I tapped the one next to me and said “I thought he was going to mix those for you guys”. She laughed and said “I like to mix them when I want to get drunk fast”.

This interaction went VERY well. The friend said “what are you drinking - cheers us!” My water was done and it was late, so I said fuck it and ordered a real drink and cheersed them - to “getting drunk fast”.

The friend immediately guessed my profession. Her cold read skills were on point. She told me she wanted to date someone in my field. The original girl I talked to told me she wanted to fuck someone in my field. I responded with “so you want to fuck me, and you want to date me? That’s very forward… I like that”.

I asked how they knew each other. The girl I opened said she had just gotten out of an 8 year long relationship, and was trying to hook up with the other girl. I said “your boyfriend was so bad you decided that men are the worse and you want to fuck girls now? Nice!” She said… and damn was she bold… “I really want to have sex with a girl and a guy at the same time”.

I decided it was time to tell her (and her friend) that I had a few threesomes before (true story), and that it was amazing. She blurted out “have you ever had Asian pussy?” I answered honestly that I had once, and it was great.

She said she was really trying to hook up with this other girl. So I asked both individually “have you ever f*cked a girl before?” Both said no. I told them that I loved having sex with women, and that each of them enjoyed it even half as much as me that they would have an amazing time together.

We kept this conversation going for a while. At one point the girl I opened asked me “do you think I’m crazy?” I answered “yes”. Then asked “do you think I’m crazy?” She said “definitely”. I said “good, cause i am crazy, and I like crazy. I don’t think a normal girl could handle me”.

We talked about their group sex fantasies for a while, and then the bouncer came over and told us the bar was closing. They both looked annoyed that we were supposed to leave.

I decided it was time to figure out logistics. I asked “what are you guys doing after this?”. The answer shouldn’t have surprised me. They’re both strippers and were about to start their shift. I told them I’d walk them out of the bar. As we got inside the bar they saw a group of other girls (all strippers, I’m assuming). I went right up to them, leaned back against the rail and realized I was surrounded by insanely beautiful women. What a difference from me three months ago - the guy scared to say hi to a woman. Wow.

The bar staff was making everyone leave, so I looked at the girl I originally approached and said “I’ve been talking to you about having threesomes all night, and I don’t even know your name. How rude of me.” She gave me her name, and her number when I was invited to the strip club by her friend… I declined.

A long time ago I dated a stripper. Don’t ever fall into the customer vibe… it’s game over if you do. I am going to wait a couple days then text her to see if she wants to get drinks before her shift. Or maybe after…

What I learned tonight is that I need to speak loud and confident. And when I do, and actually open proper, things go well!

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Damn, I should have gone out last night! I was considering it, but in the end I felt too tired... excuses, excuses!

Glad you had fun. Sounds like an intersting night indeed!

JT Sunshine

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Still alive! Been working my ass off the past couple of weeks, have not been out once. Received the highest award industry-wide in my profession, something like .5% of my peers ever accomplish. Just another feather in the hat, but it’s been a goal of mine for over a year and it feels great (and comes with a pretty significant pay increase). Now I can finally sit back and coast a bit. Have been living vicariously through a few of you fellow journalers, and I’m ready to get back to business.

Celebrating this weekend with a fishing trip up north with my boys. We’ll be chasing more walleye than tail (as both of them are married), but I did get one approach in today at the local pizza place. Cute brunette with big doe eyes that I love. We only talked about 2 minutes before she left with her pizza, but hey, there’s maybe 50 people living in this town, so perhaps I’ll see her again.

Taking a lot of days off the rest of this summer, so I will have plenty of time to knock the rust off and get back out there approaching. More adventures coming somewhat soon!

JT Sunshine

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Update on things: I finally have some time off work and it’s time to crush my goal of mastering this skill. Going all out this weekend.

For the past couple weeks I’ve simply been satisfying my needs - I have been hanging out with my ex. I feel weird about it, and I am NOT going back down that road emotionally. But fuck, we have had some great sex. She started spraying her ankles with perfume because she “knows where they will end up”. It’s been easier to fall into her bed than go out into the world in search of another…

But I want mastery of this skilll…

Have the next three days off work - I am going to be an approach machine and let every cute girl I see know that we would have a great time hanging out.

Casanova Newhouse

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey @JT Sunshine was wondering what was up. I had a guess, turned out to be correct 😼 I've been hanging with my Ex-Ex again myself. I've been juggling a lot of major life changes lately, plus the uncertainty with Limerance Girl, so having a steady source for Vitamin V (Vagina) has been helpful for managing my neediness.

It's hard to believe this girl, nearly 20 years ago, was the object of by far the most obsessive case of limerance I've ever had (worse than the current situation, by leagues) and now she's just a fuckbuddy. I know it won't last, and I suspect she does to, so we are both just having fun til her next BPD episode. Good lesson for me, time heals.

Looking forward to hearing about your recent exploits!