What's new

Gameboy's Journal

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
YESTERDAY - 1 approach

3F set, Argentinians taking pictures right next to me so I basically had to open. Asked them where they're from and chatted for a minute. The girl that answered me was polite but not really interested.

TODAY - 2 approaches

2F set - 2 Germans. The one I opened I gave her a compliment on her tan, then asked whether they come here a lot. Turns out they are on holiday and leaving tonight. We chatted for a while, but since it was a 2-set I didn't see a chance of closing.

Single girl - A girl I had seen before, but didn't open because of AA. She suddenly appeared next to where I was walking, so I opened saying "Hey did I see you over there before?" She seemed a bit shy and said "maybe". Told her I'm walking around the beach and I saw her before over there (pointing), she was like "Okay!"

I turned away and was going to leave, but then decided to reopen and ask her where she's from. She named an African country. I asked if she's on holiday here and she said "sort of". I felt she wasn't very talkative, so I said "All right, enjoy your stay" and left.

FUN OBSERVATION

The interaction with the German girl was pretty fun, and I walked away smiling. Noticed at least one guy staring at me as I was walking away after I left them. I bet he wished he could do what I just did, hehe.

Later I saw them again doing an acro yoga pose (both on all fours, one girl basically standing on the other). While walking by I teased them a bit saying they should try and do pushups in this position. They laughed and said "Yeah".

Again I saw a guy staring at me lol. Not sure if it was the same guy as before, but if it was he changed postition in between.

THOUGHTS

Still need to figure out a way to make myself stay in set longer. With this girl I'm not sure it'd have gone anywhere since she just gave me one word answers, but who knows. I could have persisted more. Might have been interesting to inquire about her country. Also gotta remember to throw in teases, cold reads... in essence, actually flirt with the girl.

I've been thinking about the situation with the girl from the last post, that was smiling at me and seemed interested, but I just ejected.

Am I actually afraid of success? I don't think it's fear of rejection, because when I get rejected I generally feel good afterwards. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. Maybe it's something subconscious I picked up about the girl that I didn't like.

Or I feel the tension becoming too much and that's why I bail. In that case it would just be a matter of practice... But it's a pity letting the opportunities go like that.

Last edited:

ChrisXKiss

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I think that if we exclude situations where you get obvious signs of non interest and it's normal to not want to continue the approach, the rest is mostly not knowing what to do with a girl that things go well. For the first ones maybe it's even better to not push it much beyond one-two tries, at least I have tried and most of the times I either get a harsher rejection or a girl that minimally contributes and expects me to realise that she doesn't want me there.

The second ones though I feel are interesting, because they feel like they have potential. With them I believe it really helps to have a process. Let's say if she is positive, you can try to learn what she is up to right now, what she is doing in general, mix some qualification in there, excuse yourself for being busy and propose to meet at some other point. At least then you know that if she responds well, there are certain things to do and you don't feel overwhelmed and bail.

Also about the germans in the 2 set, depends a bit on your mood and what you would like to get out of it, but you could also just take them both out to show them a nice place if they were down for it. Not saying they would just decide to come right away, but you could propose it. I remember now some months ago when I met two girls on the street at night, one living here, the other visiting her friend, I approached and complimented one of them, but then they had to leave. Next day I texted them I was at a club, they came, and we had a fun time.

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take